Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bit of advice re particle filter & cambelt
Hi,

I'm considering buying a Berlingo as I've seen the Amdro camper unit you can put in the back of it and love the idea. I'm looking for a bit of advice regarding a few things, from people who already own them and know what they a talking about.

The first thing is the particle filters, it's all over the internet that you need to avoid these. Is this such a problem? And how much are you looking at if you need to replace it on a Berlingo? I plan to give it good runs semi-regularly as I want to use it as a camper van, but I'll also be using it as my day to day wheels.

Also, when would you consider a cambelt needs replacing (year/miles)?

Thanks in advance!

Joe
If you are talking about DPF's then you are looking at the HDI engines. Long runs are good for DPF' but stop start round town not so good. You can regen them using Lexia software. I've even seen them taken off and pressure washed.

Cambelt is 95K/ 10 years on M59 2.0 according to autodata. I have the 2.0HDI Peugeot version (currently in the for sale section) and I specifically looked for the 2.0 HDI as I have had previous dealings and they are bullet proof, plus they are cheaper to tax, more sporty performance, and better MPG than the 1.9 diesel.
Most of my driving is short trips on country lanes and city driving. Never had a prob with the DPF and have never seen the light come on. Every three months or so I go for a run on the autobahn.
2010 Berlingo Multispace HDi 110 with FAP.  Persamos green.

Thanks both, you've settled my mind.
DPFs didn't come in all at the same time, my '08 VTR never had one while the XTR of the same age did.
Road fund licence is marginally cheaper for those with a DPF due to less emissions, I'm happy not to have one as it's less to worry about although as you don't always do short low speed drives I guess there won't be a problem.
Cheers Solent. It's a bit arbitrary what model they decided to fit DPFs to isn't it? I was under the impression that it was a certain year onwards and then all diesels had them, but as you say, that's not the case.

I plan to use it as a camper also (one of the many it seems!) so it should get plenty of decent runs. I've read lots of horror stories on DPFs clogging up and costing a fortune to put right. I don't think petrol is an option though as I'll need plenty of pull as it will be laden with camper gear.
Hello joeono welcome to the forum Smile the 1.6 HDI 90 ps up to 2012 did not have DPF/FAP  the 110 ps have got DPF/FAP after 2012 the 1.6 HDI all Have DPF/FAP HTH
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Jed Clampit for this post:
  • ians_lingo
Thanks Jed.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk