Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buying a Berlingo LWB 750
Hi All,

I'm new to the forum and am looking for some help/advice. I am looking to buy a van and have decided on either a Berlingo or Partner L2. This will be used daily for work as a plumber/tiler. I'm looking for as low mileage as possible with a max budget of around 5K.

Is there anything in particular I need to look for apart from service history etc? Any years to avoid?

What's everyone's experience of these as work vehicles?

Many thanks

Mike
Hi - I have found one online, on 68k, 2012, has service history for the last 2 years and the belt has been changed, what should I look for, it's a bit far from me to go and view immediately unfortunately so want to ask the right questions first!?

Many thanks

Mike
Hi Mike i would not have thought the cam belt has been changed as its a 150k 10year interval or approx anyway.

If it has a service history and its tidy thats about it really other than why is it for sale?
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

It's being advertised as trade, apparently one previous owner who was an electrician, it looks tidy enough to me.

This is only the second one I have seriously looked at but funnily enough they both said the belt had been changed, thanks for the info, interesting!!

Mike
I take it you are looking at a 1.6hdi diesel?
Hi - yes preferably the 90hp, it will be used by me daily, im a plumber/tiler, just changed career and this will be my first van.

Thanks

Mike
HI Mike with the 1.6hdi its the service history that is the main thing as the turbos can go if not serviced at the correct intervals or with the correct oil.

What you want to see are all the receipts to prove the service history dont just rely on the service book stamps.

Normally the lower the mileage the better as they are usually less knocked about.