Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Electric Mirrors
Can anyone tell me where the fuse is for the electric folding mirrors.
Is it a seperate fuse cos the positioning works ok from the wobbly
joystick but when I operate it in 6 o'clock position nothing happens.
This is my first Citroen and I know the electrics are a bit Quirky.
Car is 2011 Multispace xtr 1.6 Deisel, owned for 3 weeks and so
far loving it !!!![Image: shy.png]
Confused LL61OSY Wink
I don’t think the 'joystick' is meant to operate in the 6 o'clock position
Mine only works if I move the stick to the appropriate position for each mirror.
i.e 2 o'clock for the drivers side and 10 o'clock for the passengers side.
--------------------------------------------------------------

2012 Iron Grey XTR 110 with lots of bits and bobs.
Hi if you go into the fuse's box in the glove compartment pull the cover off you will see a small smooth cover if you pull that cover you will see some more fuse's the one to look at is F4 15 Amps for the folding mirror's do the mirror's fold when you lock the door's if so it's not the fuse .
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy

I thought the 6 O/clock pos folded the mirrors?Will check tomorrow.
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy
Oops .....of course that’s right Ron. My apologies to the OP. I read what I thought he had written, not what he had written.
--------------------------------------------------------------

2012 Iron Grey XTR 110 with lots of bits and bobs.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Trevor for this post:
  • ron
mine is a 2011 partner tepee...and my mirror switch does not turn to 6 O´clock position...just left (10) and right (2), for left and right mirror adjustment...

auto folding can be inactivated with diagbox...

but I just love it...I just have to look at the car to realize if the doors are locked or not...
(03-09-2016, 04:45 PM)Trevor Wrote:  I don’t think the 'joystick' is meant to operate in the 6 o'clock position
Mine only works if I move the stick to the appropriate position for each mirror.
i.e 2 o'clock for  the drivers side and 10 o'clock for the passengers side.

Thanks for your input Trevor.... the joystick works as per the manual for adjusting
the mirrors but when pushed to the 6o'clock it should fold the mirrors but doesn't
there is a fuse that I think is for this function in a small aux fusebox but I cant find it
hence the plea on the forum.
Regards John Huh
Confused LL61OSY Wink
(03-09-2016, 09:14 PM)Jed Clampit Wrote:  Hi if you go into the fuse's box in the glove compartment pull the cover off you will see a small smooth cover if you pull that cover you will see some more fuse's the one to look at is F4  15 Amps for the folding mirror's do the mirror's fold when you lock the door's if so it's not the fuse .

Hi Jed thanks for your suggestion..... the problem is I can't find the "small smooth cover" in a mass of wiring
once the fuse box cover is removed.
Regards John Huh
Confused LL61OSY Wink
(05-09-2016, 08:52 AM)Luis Rosa Wrote:  mine is a 2011 partner tepee...and my mirror switch does not turn to 6 O´clock position...just left (10) and right (2), for left and right mirror adjustment...

but I just love it...I just have to look at the car to realize if the doors are locked or not...

Hi Luis... yes you are right my Berlingo is the same but the handbook says if the Joystick is pushed to 6 o'clock
position the mirrors should fold. By the way what is diagbox .... or am I being thick??
Regards John
Confused LL61OSY Wink
(05-09-2016, 10:05 AM)johnham Wrote:  
(05-09-2016, 08:52 AM)Luis Rosa Wrote:  mine is a 2011 partner tepee...and my mirror switch does not turn to 6 O´clock position...just left (10) and right (2), for left and right mirror adjustment...

Hi Luis... yes you are right my Berlingo is the same but the handbook says if the Joystick is pushed to 6 o'clock
position the mirrors should fold. By the way what is diagbox .... or am I being thick??
Regards John

Funny, the manual I have for mine says the same, although I could never make it work...

About the software, I explain:
lexia / diagbox is a combination of software/hardware you can buy (it is available on ebay) that allows you to acess all peugeot and Citroen cars BSI, engine computer, etc...using a computer/laptop. In practice is the same software PSA group dealers use. You can alter/program the car´s BSI with the many options that are only made available to the dealers. And you can do all of the mechatronic diagnostics yourself. You can even program the instalation of new injectors. For instance I have installed/programed the cruise control, removed the driver´s seatbelt alarm, changed from opening all doors with the keyfob to opening only the driver´s...etc etc etc..
In combination with SEDRE and Service Box for instance (electric maps and parts and procedures manuals respectively), and a bit of mechanical/electrical knowledge, you will never again be fooled into buying parts/services you don´t need, since you can do your own car diagnostics...
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Luis Rosa for this post:
  • rnamman