Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rear reversing sensors
Currently having a problem with factory fitted reversing sensors on a 2016 Berlingo Enterprise van.  When reverse is selected the multifunction panel on the dash shows all rear sectors lit and the audible bleep is continuous.  The only way to deactivate is by using the push button switch to the right hand side of steering wheel.

Anyone else suffered this problem or had a solution?
(25-10-2016, 03:55 PM)tarrymittens Wrote:  Currently having a problem with factory fitted reversing sensors on a 2016 Berlingo Enterprise van.  When reverse is selected the multifunction panel on the dash shows all rear sectors lit and the audible bleep is continuous.  The only way to deactivate is by using the push button switch to the right hand side of steering wheel.

I have had a similar problem. In my case it was the reverse gear switch that was malfunctioning, coming on and off, and just replaced it for a new one to fix. But in your case I am not sure, maybe you have something covering one of the sensors? Take a look and see...a leaf covering the sensor can do this...
(26-10-2016, 04:35 AM)Luis Rosa Wrote:  
(25-10-2016, 03:55 PM)tarrymittens Wrote:  Currently having a problem with factory fitted reversing sensors on a 2016 Berlingo Enterprise van.  When reverse is selected the multifunction panel on the dash shows all rear sectors lit and the audible bleep is continuous.  The only way to deactivate is by using the push button switch to the right hand side of steering wheel.

I have had a similar problem. In my case it was the reverse gear switch that was malfunctioning, coming on and off, and just replaced it for a new one to fix. But in your case I am not sure, maybe you have something covering one of the sensors? Take a look and see...a leaf covering the sensor can do this...

Sensors are clean.  May have to resort to warranty claim!  Thanks anyhow, was just wondering how many similar cases were out there.  Being a van with unglazed rear doors the sensors were handy when working!