Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Engine] bsi repair
Sad 
Hi everyone does any one repair bsi unit on here are could recommend a place I'm situated in south Yorkshire any help would really be appreciated as the car dead at the moment .
http://www.bba-reman.com/gb/catalogue/parts/588/
Fire bad, tree pretty
(04-11-2016, 11:04 PM)Kez Wrote:  http://www.bba-reman.com/gb/catalogue/parts/588/

Thanks kez have you had any work done from them ?.It doing my head in some one I know plugged in his Laptop and although he can talk to the bsi and ecu it a not letting us program keys now will it work by the current key. Oh and it's doing some interesting things like wipers just turn on and side lights but no starting  or lights /indicators /radio /horn
Not personally, but they are recommended by people on here and seem to know what they're doing.
Out of interest, what software is your friend using to communicate with the bsi?
Fire bad, tree pretty
I'm not sure to be honest .The full version was the belt snapped so I dropped an engine in so all was good then when I went to turn it over that's all it did .Ive got a mechanic that looked at the ecu and bsi to see if he could reset anything but he did not have the pp software so he ask his friend to call up . He did without pp just a basic ecu software so he left then called back and spent 20min just to tell me it's not reading the key code and left .He then called in with a blank chip for the key but used a induction loop near the key which didn't illuminate which did on his car so he diagnosed that I should get a new key coil receiver as it wasn't working . I've unplugged the coil and measured it and there's continuity so I believe it's healthy. I didn't continue down the road with him as I'm not sure he's familiar with the bsi unit and I didn't want him making it worse. Do you know if I can get a ecu and bsi +keys n transponder of a similar model i.e 1.6 16v petrol and change the bsi setting so it enables the right electrical equipment ? . I can't get the exact ecu and bsi codes just a set of a model with the same engine .
(06-11-2016, 02:41 AM)Damosmithy Wrote:  I'm not sure to be honest .The full version was the belt snapped so I dropped an engine in so all was good then when I went to turn it over that's all it did .Ive got a mechanic that looked at the ecu and bsi to see if he could reset anything but he did not have the pp software so he ask his friend to call up . He did without pp just a basic ecu software so he left then called back and spent 20min just to tell me it's not reading the key code and left .He then called in with a blank chip for the key but used a induction loop near the key which didn't illuminate which did on his car so he diagnosed that I should get a new key coil receiver as it wasn't working . I've unplugged the coil and measured it and there's continuity so I believe it's healthy. I didn't continue down the road with him as I'm not sure he's familiar with the bsi unit and I didn't want him making it worse. Do you know if I can get a ecu and bsi +keys n transponder of a similar model i.e 1.6 16v petrol and change the bsi setting so it enables the right electrical equipment ? . I can't get the exact ecu and bsi codes just a set of a model with the same engine .

OK, now understand. Yes you can. Take from another 1.6 petrol model ECU,BSI,KEY.
After installation to car you can change BSI options to mach your car.

Best regards,
brajomobil
Thumbs Up 
(07-11-2016, 02:15 PM)brajomobil Wrote:  
(06-11-2016, 02:41 AM)Damosmithy Wrote:  I'm not sure to be honest .The full version was the belt snapped so I dropped an engine in so all was good then when I went to turn it over that's all it did .Ive got a mechanic that looked at the ecu and bsi to see if he could reset anything but he did not have the pp software so he ask his friend to call up . He did without pp just a basic ecu software so he left then called back and spent 20min just to tell me it's not reading the key code and left .He then called in with a blank chip for the key but used a induction loop near the key which didn't illuminate which did on his car so he diagnosed that I should get a new key coil receiver as it wasn't working . I've unplugged the coil and measured it and there's continuity so I believe it's healthy. I didn't continue down the road with him as I'm not sure he's familiar with the bsi unit and I didn't want him making it worse. Do you know if I can get a ecu and bsi +keys n transponder of a similar model i.e 1.6 16v petrol and change the bsi setting so it enables the right electrical equipment ? . I can't get the exact ecu and bsi codes just a set of a model with the same engine .

OK, now understand. Yes you can. Take from another 1.6 petrol model ECU,BSI,KEY.
After installation to car you can change BSI options to mach your car.

Best regards,
brajomobil
Cheers I have a look