Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Engine] Turbo heat shield thingy
As mentioned above,the huge ugly alloy turbo/exhaust cover is rattling like an american who voted for Clinton Big Grin ,been fixed with made up brackets twice now,it was mentioned to me at a service (independent citroen garage) that it would be better to remove it altogether rather than have it loose as it can cause damage rubbing on whatever part it rubs on that's not got a good end result....
Just a thought but anyone removed theirs Huh ??, van sounds good for a 225k motor if that's not loose , any potential problems with it off ( apart from the risk of burning your bits if fiddling) I've not been able to locate them on GFS etc so I'm thinking it's a stealer part at stealer prices , tin snips at the ready  Angel Angel  Ian.
[Image: smokingdog-1.gif]

Berlingo First,75bhp 1.6hdi,58 plate....225k and counting.
On my old 1.6hdi the shield mounts cracked and broke like you I did various repairs and brackets but in the end I replaced 2 of the 3 shield parts. I had thought of leaving it off but was concerned of the heat being transmitted into surrounding parts. I sourced my parts off citroen dealers on ebay and price wasn't to bad.
Are we there yet????? Huh
Ex 1.6hdi van now 3 seater 1.4 multispace
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Tomcat3 for this post:
  • ians_lingo
(12-11-2016, 02:39 PM)Tomcat3 Wrote:  On my old 1.6hdi the shield mounts cracked and broke like you I did various repairs and brackets but in the end I replaced 2 of the 3 shield parts. I had thought of leaving it off but was concerned of the heat being transmitted into surrounding parts. I sourced my parts off citroen dealers on ebay and price wasn't to bad.

Thanks for the reply,I can only find a top section,the ad says to contact them for the others,I've ordered the top section anyway as it's definitely broken,will have to check the other sections,it does all seem to move about a bit but unsure how it's held in position,hopefully this will alleviate the problem to be going on with.. it confused me with the shape as I thought I'd be looking for the full bit,it just seemed wrong.
  [Image: berlingo_zps2w1lh1tz.jpg]

thanks for the reply,Ian.
[Image: smokingdog-1.gif]

Berlingo First,75bhp 1.6hdi,58 plate....225k and counting.
From memory I think there are 2 half cylindrical pieces covering the upper part of the manifold and dpf and they are held together on each side at the bottom by torx bolts.
Are we there yet????? Huh
Ex 1.6hdi van now 3 seater 1.4 multispace
If you are interested. I think I may have a complete [used] set. I ordered them from Ebay for my 2007 Multispace but it was written off earlier this year when someone decided to use my vehicle to stop himself rather than using his brakes! He drove into the back of me and my lingo was about a foot shorter!

I would only want what I paid for them [I'll check to bill to see how much they were] 

Anyway, I'll check through my stuff in the garage to see if I've still got all the bits.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Multispacer for this post:
  • ians_lingo