Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lubrication for 1.6 turbo
2009 1.6HDI.  I've done a search and was unable to find anything concrete yet I seem to recall reading something about an additive added to the oil when being serviced (or about 10,000) which is to keep the turbo in good condition, It comes in bottle about 750 ml IIRC.

Many thanks.
Just use good oil,change it regularly,it will work fine. I have buyed berlingo which they done every 20 000km oil change with Quartz 9000 5w30 oil,not INEO like here saying it should be used,and car goes okay,without problems,its have around 60 000km now.
(13-12-2016, 06:48 PM)magoo Wrote:  2009 1.6HDI.  I've done a search and was unable to find anything concrete yet I seem to recall reading something about an additive added to the oil when being serviced (or about 10,000) which is to keep the turbo in good condition, It comes in bottle about 750 ml IIRC.

Many thanks.

Additives to boost your oil's performance usually turn out to be "Snake oil"

Best just to keep the oil clean by changing it every 6 - 8,000 miles, never mind the service intervals stated by Citroen, they are only interested in your engine lasting the warranty period !

My vehicle .... 2006 (m59) Berlingo Multispace Desire - 1.6 HDI 92 
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to jj9 for this post:
  • brajomobil
Found my Citroen receipt as I used them for my first service as I'd never had a diesel before and wanted to see what way the wind blows.

Fortron Diesel treatment and fortron engine flush.

Thanks for the comments.
(14-12-2016, 10:26 PM)magoo Wrote:  Found my Citroen receipt as I used them for my first service as I'd never had a diesel before and wanted to see what way the wind blows.

Thanks for the comments.

Forte ?
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy
(15-12-2016, 05:18 PM)ron Wrote:  
(14-12-2016, 10:26 PM)magoo Wrote:  Found my Citroen receipt as I used them for my first service as I'd never had a diesel before and wanted to see what way the wind blows.

Thanks for the comments.

Forte ?

Fortron ..... http://fortron.com.au/new-catalogue/fuel-products/

Maybe Forte is the basic stuff and Fortron is the posh ( Desire ) version .......  Angel Angel Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to geoff for this post:
  • ron
(15-12-2016, 09:16 PM)geoff Wrote:  
(15-12-2016, 05:18 PM)ron Wrote:  

Thanks for the comments.

Forte ?

Fortron ..... http://fortron.com.au/new-catalogue/fuel-products/

Maybe Forte is the basic stuff and Fortron is the posh ( Desire ) version .......  Angel Angel Big Grin

Thanks Geoff.I see it's from the Antipodes,Forte is from South Africa. Big Grin
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy
I thought it was the the shipping forecast. Rolleyes
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy

Don't waste cash on additives, the oil gets very black, much better to change it regularly with the correct oil.
Only about 4 and a half litres for a full change.
Change oil sooner then,use something good or original,forget about aditives,they are just placebo efect,and can sometimes

make just problems like oil consumption etc..Go extra mile,after you drain oil,find some dealer who does oil analysis,give them old oil sample,and they will give you all information on oil quality,or unusal wear of engine.

For every engine,and turbo as well,it is important that gets warm,not from cold start to drive like on races,and after longer drive,let it run on idle like one minute,that turbo cools down with oil,this is the best thing to do.