Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Engine] Engine I.D
Not long had my 2002 1.9d Berlingo, think its a MK1, It was a panic buy as Shogun blew its head and needed a vehicle for work, only cost £400, it's obviously got a few issues, steering is a bit odd when going round roundabouts and the engine has a leak as does the gearbox, there is also oil in the coolant but no signs of water in oil, she judders under acceleration in third gear, too be honest I'll be happy if it lasts till April as I don't plan to keep her due to needing a slightly larger vehicle,

My question is how do I Identify the engine? as I have been given a 51 plate Peugeot expert 1.9d and the engines look identical,
Thanks for any help,
Dave.
Try bypassing the oil cooler before you condemn the engine, they are a common source of oil in the coolant on Berlingos.
So where does this bit go then ?
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to ffrenchie for this post:
  • Bazzingo
your Berlingo V5 will give an chassis no. ie VF7MB WJY B****** so the engine code is the WJY on this example.

At the age of yours it will be a DW8B engine, engine code WJY or WJZ . The difference is the fuel pump is electronically controlled on the WJY and mechanically on the WJZ
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to brodfather11 for this post:
  • Bazzingo
(15-12-2016, 08:59 AM)ffrenchie Wrote:  Try bypassing the oil cooler before you condemn the engine, they are a common source of oil in the coolant on Berlingos.

Thanks Ffrenchie, will have a read up on how to and bypass it.
(15-12-2016, 05:45 PM)brodfather11 Wrote:  your Berlingo V5 will give an chassis no.   ie VF7MB WJY B****** so the engine code is the WJY on this example.

At the age of yours it will be a DW8B engine, engine code WJY or WJZ  . The difference is the fuel pump is electronically controlled on the WJY and mechanically on the WJZ

Thanks Brodfather, will have a look when the v5 turns up.
Have a look on the vin plate??
(15-12-2016, 08:59 AM)ffrenchie Wrote:  Try bypassing the oil cooler before you condemn the engine, they are a common source of oil in the coolant on Berlingos.

They are a common source of contamination on a LOT of motors! I had one do the same on a mk.2 Astra.
Shame they couldn't put the oil cooler under the radiator like the gearbox coolers of auto shoguns