Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Transmission] 3rd Gear a bit rough
Hi all, 
I'm looking to buy a 2011 berlingo 90hp and have looked at a lot of them. Some very rough and not as advertised. 
I have just been talking to a guy with a very very clean 2012 with a 3rd gear problem. He seems pretty straight about it and says it would probably need a gear box. 
Have any of you had this problem, hard to get 3rd and sometimes a crunch. Other gears seem to be ok, maybe a little hard to get 1st but no worse than some other vans I drove.
Anyone reconditioned a gearbox or got a fix for the 3rd gear problem or will I be looking at getting a 2nd hand gearbox. This seems to be a common problem with v3 berlingo's. 
Huh 2012 (62) B9 Berlingo 1.6 Hdi (75hp) 
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to webcrafty for this post:
If your changing gear box I would put new clutch in as well.what's the milage?,I would go for a recon box,
Milage is 64k. I would change the clutch when the box is out. Is it a standard clutch and not one of the expensive dual mass one's. I'll have to price a recon box , but at £2850 for the van it should still be reasonable value.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Huh 2012 (62) B9 Berlingo 1.6 Hdi (75hp) 
64k seems low milage for the gearbox to go bad?,I would look at linkage,and gear box oil first,
What about the gear lever linkages , as 1st and 3rd are a push to select gear there may be a little wear on the linkages.

64k is not a lot for a g/box unless the oil has been low or has been damaged in someway.

If bargaining for it I would offer X amount less the cost of buying/fitting a s/hand one then if it is just the linkages be quids in , if not then nothing lost.