Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Transmission] 2012 Multispace clutch
Hi FOlks

I've posted before about the bite point on my clutch being around 1/2" from floor. Out this morning going up thro the box and it refused to come out of 2nd till I depressed clutch again.Operated thro all gears normally after that.

THen when parking, reverse was a bit crunchy ! Its like the clutch is not fully releasing ???

Any thoughts?

Thanks !
It sounds like the hydraulic system needs bleeding/fluid change.Do that 1st as the simplest option & see how it goes.Good luck.
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy
Unless you have a cable clutch like mine and the cable is sticking, or the auto adjust isn't working correctly. I had the same issue with my Berlingo when I first bought it. I lubed it with GT85 and reset the auto adjust and it has been fine since. I will lube it again with AC90 when it stops raining and check it all over again. What Berlingo do you have?
had a look at the combined clutch/brake fluid reservoir and there is no fluid loss........Booked it in to garage on Thursday for them to have a look......
Well, an update on this.....

The old skool owner of the Garage I use had a drive around and felt a roughness/vibe that I had not noticed. So it went in and they dropped off the gearbox. This apparently was a cnut of a job that he would not like to repeat.....!

This revealed that its probably had a clutch in the past and the pressure plate was not correctly attached and was in fact sitting loose, bad enough to have bent the fingers on the pressure plate.

A new clutch kit was fitted. All in all it was not an inexpensive exercise  Dodgy Dodgy
Pleased to read that you have it sorted.

2012 Iron Grey XTR 110 with lots of bits and bobs.