Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Seats Be Removed
Hi there.

Its just great to find this forum.  I have just bought my first berlingo!!!  Its a 2 litre HDI, on an 03 plate.  It has high miles but it really has been looked after both outside and in.  I am planning a solo trip to Scotland (I live in the Midlands) and intend to sleep in the bacl.  I have watched the boot jump videos and Im thinking of making something similar.  When I purchased it, for some reason I thought the back seats would come out completely but this is not the case.  I wanted to remove the seats for the extra space, but the pins are not removable,  They are weird things with a cross head but no threads.  Has anyone ever tried to remove them? and if so can they be replaced with any kind of bolt configuration.  Any help with this would be great.
Nobody makes me bleed my own blood
I'm not an expert on berlingos, but on mine the rear seats do come out. In front on the seats they are bolted down with star-allen-key type bolts and theses come out easily. There is also locating pins which you don't undo - they come out with seat. Hope this helps
Married to BandanaLady.co.uk
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to billskipton for this post:
  • Leefree
In the photo, undo the silver coloured bolts using allen keys with a star shape (think they call them torx keys) but don't touch the black coloured ones

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Married to BandanaLady.co.uk
Thanks that is a fantastic help!! I just didnt spot the 2 front bolts on mine as the carpet is so tight over them. Many thanks.
Nobody makes me bleed my own blood
Might be worth thinking about the insurance implications of driving with only the front seats. I have no idea if there are any problems in doing so, but mention it in case there are.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to cancunia for this post:
  • Leefree
AS its only a temporary measure removing the seats is not a problem to your insurance.
Are we there yet????? Huh
Ex 1.6hdi van now 3 seater 1.4 multispace
You may be interested in my post here -> https://www.berlingoforum.com/Thread-Fin...ade-my-bed
Regards to all,
John - (2005 2.0HDi with Modutop roof, mini camper).

The first thing I did when I got my '03 Berlingo was take out the rear seats, re-register and insure as a 2 seater. No difference in insurance cost and no implications.

I plan on converting mine to a permanent micro camper so we'll see what implications that brings!