Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Citroenologist required, in Italy....?
Not sure where to post this, or even why, just blowing off steam and thinking aloud.....
As described elsewhere I have a saggy back end, due to a snapped torsion bar, a few days in to a two month road trip. Returning home isn't an option but neither is an axle swap at the side of the road.
Currently in Switzerland , which is beautiful but not the first place to choose for low budget anything.
I drove a couple of hundred miles without realizing what had happened, so feel sure can limp a little further on. 
Having looked in to repair options, my ideal solution would be to find someone experienced in this kind of work who also has a selection of scrapers on hand for donor parts, rather than main dealership and computer diagnostics. Too much to hope for? Probably, but I live in hope
Hi Ian. Where are you in CH?? I live here but am not a mechanic. If you have to go to a dealer, do it in DE. Much cheaper than CH. Not usre about FR prices compared to DE.
2010 Berlingo Multispace HDi 110 with FAP.  Persamos green.

(20-03-2017, 09:14 AM)3rensho Wrote:  Hi Ian.  Where are you in CH??  I live here but am not a mechanic.  If you have to go to a dealer, do it in DE.  Much cheaper than CH.  Not usre about FR prices compared to DE.

Hello.... Currently in St Gallen. I am trying to also find a refurbished rear axle, as the advice is to replace the whole thing. I'm heading towards Malta, so Italy is on the way...
(20-03-2017, 09:48 AM)ian432 Wrote:  
(20-03-2017, 09:14 AM)3rensho Wrote:  Hi Ian.  Where are you in CH??  I live here but am not a mechanic.  If you have to go to a dealer, do it in DE.  Much cheaper than CH.  Not usre about FR prices compared to DE.

Hello.... Currently in St Gallen. I am trying to also find a refurbished rear axle, as the advice is to replace the whole thing. I'm heading towards Malta, so Italy is on the way...

Sorry to hear about your problem, a short detour via France on the way to Italy? Last year I found spares cheap in Italy but services were more expensive than France, which should also have a few more Citroen outlets.
How did it go?
Was the axle replaced?

I'm replacing mine, and have also changed shocks(suspected to be goners), the rear mounts(completely expired and no longer holding anything) and will be changing to new hubs and bearings also.