Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Washer Reservoir Access
Has anyone had their washer reservoir bottle out on a Berlingo B9 Multispace? Had a quick look in my Haynes manual last night and it stated the front bumper assembly has got to be removed, is that correct? Anyone done that and if so what kind of time are we looking at for removal and refitting?  

Need to get to it as it appears to be leaking after a deer decided to run into the side of the Berlingo last night. Deer got up and ran off Berlingo didn't seem to fare as well....side indicator repeater smashed, wheel trim smashed and as previously stated washer bottle [which appears to be at the bottom right hand side] appears to be leaking....

Finally anyone got a part number for the reservoir, in case I need to buy another one?

Thanks for any help.
(24-06-2017, 12:36 PM)Multispacer Wrote:  Has anyone had their washer reservoir bottle out on a Berlingo B9 Multispace? Had a quick look in my Haynes manual last night and it stated the front bumper assembly has got to be removed, is that correct? Anyone done that and if so what kind of time are we looking at for removal and refitting?  

Need to get to it as it appears to be leaking after a deer decided to run into the side of the Berlingo last night. Deer got up and ran off Berlingo didn't seem to fare as well....side indicator repeater smashed, wheel trim smashed and as previously stated washer bottle [which appears to be at the bottom right hand side] appears to be leaking....

Finally anyone got a part number for the reservoir, in case I need to buy another one
Thanks for any help.

Strangely I had mine off yesterday as the pump had failed. Lots of noise and no water !!!. Anyway, I managed to access mine from taking the wheel off. Axle stand underneath, chocked the back and removed the plastic arch liner. The filler neck unscrews with one screw on the front slam panel and is easily seen.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Silverberlingo for this post:
  • Multispacer
(24-06-2017, 02:53 PM)Silverberlingo Wrote:  
(24-06-2017, 12:36 PM)Multispacer Wrote:  Has anyone had their washer reservoir bottle out on a Berlingo B9 Multispace? Had a quick look in my Haynes manual last night and it stated the front bumper assembly has got to be removed, is that correct? Anyone done that and if so what kind of time are we looking at for removal and refitting?  

Finally anyone got a part number for the reservoir, in case I need to buy another one
Thanks for any help.

Strangely I had mine off yesterday as the pump had failed. Lots of noise and no water !!!. Anyway, I managed to access mine from taking the wheel off. Axle stand underneath, chocked the back and removed the plastic arch liner. The filler neck unscrews with one screw on the front slam panel and is easily seen.
Thanks for taking the trouble to reply but looking at your profile picture, it looks as if you have a Berlingo M59 model Multispace which is very different to the Berlingo B9 model [which is the current shape Berlingo]
i would have gone for the wheel arch before the bumper no matter what model
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Oi69 for this post:
  • Multispacer
Thanks for the replies, accessed this today via the wheel arch by removing the inner liner, which turned out to be a bit of a pain as on my model [Multispace XTR] they have fitted a metal under tray which the wheel arch liner bolts into in two places. Needless to say these two bolts on the underside were corroded so badly into the clip nuts one bolt head just sheared off, the other had a spinning nut in the clip nut, so I had to grind the head off!

Anyway the rest of the wheel arch liner was relatively easy to remove, with "scrivet" type fasteners that you lever up the centre and then pull out. Again, not completely straight forward as the bottom rear fastener is covered by the plastic trim that runs along the bottom sill, so you have to also release that.
I found my problem of the leaking water reservoir was due to the pump being dislodged from the housing [by the deer impact] I clipped it back in place and no leaks and tested it before putting it all back together.

What I did notice when I had the liner off was the fact even though the liner was in place with no holes or damage, a large amount of dirt/mud had managed to get behind the liner over the years [mine is a 2008 Multispace] and there was a large build up of mud which was nice and damp at the rear most lowest edge of the wheel arch behind the liner, I removed quite a large amount, which I can imagine could case rust problems if left there unchecked, so I think I'll take the other side off soon to check behind there! [when it's not raining quite so much!] 

Finally I noticed there were a couple of the "scrivet" type fixings missing at the front of the panel, does anyone know the part number of these so I can order some? I have attached some photos to show you the scrivet fasteners I am talking about. Thanks for any help.