Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Snow in Australia
Hi there.

My wife and I live in Brisbane now but are originally from the northern tropical region of Australia. She's always wanted to visit the snowy southern part of the country, so in a few weeks we'll be going on a trip. I'd call myself a French car enthusiast, so the obvious choice was a 2001 Berlingo fitted out as a camper (also because Australia is large and fuel is not cheap, a 1.4L engine is an efficient choice for a road trip).

I've already built a kitchen bench with storage, a sink and a 240v inverter capable of powering an electric blanket. I just have to finish the water tank/pump system, the sink drain and the convertible bed/couch. Then learn how to survive sleeping in sub-zero temperatures when we both grew up with 22 Celsius being the definition of a cold winter's night Undecided 

Glad I finally got an account to work. The username I wanted is registered but the activation email never made it through, so I can't post on that account.

Thanks for reading
Hi Fam - sounds like a plan

Are you going to run dual batteries? Have you thought about an
https://www.eberspacher.com/products/fue...aters.html
https://www.webasto.com/gb/markets-products/motorhomes/
(10-07-2017, 01:43 AM)FamInAVan Wrote:  Hi there.

My wife and I live in Brisbane now but are originally from the northern tropical region of Australia. She's always wanted to visit the snowy southern part of the country, so in a few weeks we'll be going on a trip. I'd call myself a French car enthusiast, so the obvious choice was a 2001 Berlingo fitted out as a camper (also because Australia is large and fuel is not cheap, a 1.4L engine is an efficient choice for a road trip).

I've already built a kitchen bench with storage, a sink and a 240v inverter capable of powering an electric blanket. I just have to finish the water tank/pump system, the sink drain and the convertible bed/couch. Then learn how to survive sleeping in sub-zero temperatures when we both grew up with 22 Celsius being the definition of a cold winter's night :-/ 

Glad I finally got an account to work. The username I wanted is registered but the activation email never made it through, so I can't post on that account.

Thanks for reading

Hi Faminavan, I'm another Aussie from the Gold Coast. I've got a 2001 Berlingo. Please don't take that blanket with you if you don't install a second battery. Although the Berlingo's are usually very easy to start, you'll find it's a different story at -12 degrees, and you will need a fully charged main battery. I have personally walked for 2 hours because my old battery died in the snow and it is not a good experience. If you don't want to install a second battery, why not buy a second hand portable solar panel and a s/h agm battery. Apart from camping, they can also bring your power bill down a bit at home. Personally, I am sticking to my 24 degree sunshine. Good luck   Ausmagic
Welcome - good to see some aussies on! If you want help changing your username to the original one drop it in a PM to me and i will sort.
Want Help with the Forum? Read Help Documents Here