Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pads installed incorrectly ?
Had an occasional high pitched noise coming from the rear brake, which i put on the long finger to sort out.

Anyways its sounding a little different today, more like rubbing almost, 

Does this pad look OK in the Pic ? it seems to be touching the rusty inside part of the disk.

Very difficult to tell but i can see what you are saying - remove pads check, copper slip, give face a rub on some emery cloth, check for pistons sticking, handbrake cable free play, refit and try.
Hello - your image looks like the pad is wearing in a wedge shape? If it is and your Berlingo has the same rear pads as the Citroen C4/C5 (no idea as mine has drums) then you may have a missaligned caliper due to corrosion of the caliper.

If it is a wedgie then Googling Citroen rear caliper wedge may assist.

Our car - 2008 1.6 HDi 92 Multispace. 152,000 miles + counting. 17,000 + miles in our care. 48.88 mpg ave in that time
I agree with GraemeT, the pad looks like it's wearing in a wedge shape.

If you look closely you can see a reflection of the pad in the disc, at the left hand side you can see that there is a gap between the pad and disc.

My vehicle .... 2006 (m59) Berlingo Multispace Desire - 1.6 HDI 92 
On the plus side the disc looks in great condition - might the edge of the pad just be a bit crumbly rather than wedge shaped ?- pads are very cheap these days (but buy a recognised brand) and normally you'd throw away the discs at the same time as a pad change, but in this case well worth changing pads and putting a smear of copperslip on the backs of them. Also a chance to check that the caliper pistons move freely and generally clean up the caliper. Allow a morning to do a thorough job on both rear brakes. If you discover a caliper problem and don't feel confident to do more, put the old pads back in and hand it over to a garage.