Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
alloy wheel choices
what alloys wheels fit a 2003 berlingo van??
Hi and welcome to the forum.

As for your question i havent a clue as ive never wanted to fit alloys to a van.

try doing a search - plenty of posts on this subject!
I'm ordering mine from here http://m.wheelbasealloys.com/alloy-wheel...en/14-inch

and there's a thread already on it here https://www.berlingoforum.com/thread-14865.html
Citroen Berlingo LX600 2.0 HDI Van (06)

Good for my work but great for carrying my golf clubs & trolley around the country  Big Grin
(18-07-2017, 04:27 AM)polar Wrote:  Hi and welcome to the forum.

As for your question i havent a clue as ive never wanted to fit alloys to a van.

thanks and yeah going to get some saxo vtr wheels.
Sounds like a plan, remember to inform your insurance as its a modification.
(19-07-2017, 05:13 AM)polar Wrote:  Sounds like a plan, remember to inform your insurance as its a modification.

yeah will do.
(18-07-2017, 09:33 PM)citroen_vader Wrote:  
(18-07-2017, 04:27 AM)polar Wrote:  Hi and welcome to the forum.

thanks and yeah going to get some saxo vtr wheels.

After deciding to refurbish steel wheels, I had a rethink and have fitted Saxo vtr wheels to my berlingo enterprise 1.6HDI no modifications only had to swap bolts for flat washered ones to suit alloys instead of steels. The van tyres are higher profile than the Saxo tyres that came with the wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hi iv just got a 13 plate berlingo im looking to put 20'' rims on it , whats the widest rim u can run ?
(26-07-2017, 11:44 AM)Lowride Wrote:  hi iv just got a 13 plate berlingo im looking to put 20'' rims on it , whats the widest rim u can run ?

The maximum width depends on a few things. If you go for smaller offset, the centreline of your wheels will be further out. That means you can run wider wheels without them hitting your springs or the inner arches. However you shouldn't do it because it will handle worse, not better. Trust me; I put 6.5" wide 306 S16 wheels with 18mm offset on my 206 GTi (originally 6" wide with 28mm offset) to get the extra width. Because they sit out further, the scrub radius is increased, so every time you hit a bump on one wheel it wrenches the steering in that direction. In the end you can't steer as precisely and your lap times are slower. You can fix this by adding aftermarket top mounts so you can dial in extra camber to move the contact patch back toward the original.

The other thing that effects wheel size is the wheel arches. You can roll the arches or cut them out and put ugly fibreglass over-arches on to fit wider wheels. My M49 Berlingo has huge arches so this would never be a problem for me. Not sure on later models.

If you're after looks, then you probably want to add camber anyway, so mod away. If you're after performance, there are wheels from the Citroen C5 that look like steel wheels but are actually alloy. They weigh half what most other (including aftermarket) wheels do.