Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Do I Know If I've Got Heated Mirrors
Seems like a dumb question:

I'm buying a replacement RH (driver's side) wing mirror glass on-line and am being asked if its a heated mirror?

It's electrically adjustable but non-folding, how do I know if its heated or not?

Thanks,

Matt

PS I'm going for the aspheric shaped glass option to get better blind-spot vision, anyone had experience of these on Berlingo?
The heated mirror will have a connector tab on it that goes to one of the wires in the housing. Just pop out the existing mirror and have a look. It will be obvious.
2010 Berlingo Multispace HDi 110 with FAP.  Persamos green.

Matt can you keep us posted on how you get on, I to want a convex (aspherical) driver mirror as I hate that 'blind spot' but don't want to buy off the internet if possible.
(24-07-2017, 03:54 PM)magoo Wrote:  Matt can you keep us posted on how you get on, I to want a convex (aspherical) driver mirror as I hate that 'blind spot' but don't want to buy off the internet if possible.

Aspherical lens arrived today, http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V...2201601744, it took about a week to arrive, not quite an exact replacement but it fits and operates fine. You can see from the picture comparing old and new, that the original lens had a plastic lip surrounding it and the new one doesn't, in addition the original mirror had two metal clips helping attach to the motor body, there is nowhere on the new lens to attach these. The electrical connectors were a little loose pushing on the terminals on the lens and needed tightening by squeezing with side-cutters.
Despite lack of the metal clips the lens fitted with reassuring 'clicks' and seems secure, best of all is the increased field of vision which is of course why I bought it.
Found this one for 2012-onward but its significantly more expensive: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V...2044007952