Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boot jump foam
In the process of making boot jump alternative.
What is the best/cheapest foam to buy for the cushions. 

Also what is the best way to cut the foam ?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks 
Scott
I'd also be interested to know where to get some foam. I'm using an airbed for now which does the job but some folding foam sections would be preferable.
(06-08-2017, 09:10 PM)scootavon1 Wrote:  Also what is the best way to cut the foam ?

No idea on source but suspect your local independent fabric place would be best.

My mum was an upholsterer and used a cheap electric bread knife to cut foam. I reckon a good sharp knife would probably do as well for a one of job though.
(07-08-2017, 07:50 AM)cancunia Wrote:  I'd also be interested to know where to get some foam. I'm using an airbed for now which does the job but some folding foam sections would be preferable.

Hi, 
I live near Grimsby, and bought some foam from B D Harris in Grimsby 01472. 357792
I bought some dence  foam and memory foam which is glued together, which I use as as a mattress for  a bed I made for the back of my multispace, very comfortable.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to squiddley for this post:
  • cancunia
(07-08-2017, 01:36 PM)squiddley Wrote:  Hi, 
I live near Grimsby, and bought some foam from B D Harris in Grimsby 01472. 357792
I bought some dence  foam and memory foam which is glued together, which I use as as a mattress for  a bed I made for the back of my multispace, very comfortable.

Thanks very much for the info, I'm not far from there (Louth) and will give them a call.
Thanks guys
Have a search on ebay for memory foam you can get it in all sizes and thicknesses and as others have said use an electric carving knife they work a treat.
Are we there yet????? Huh
Ex 1.6hdi van now 3 seater 1.4 multispace
I bought my foam from https://www.efoam.co.uk/   they offer a wide range of foam cut the your size and or shape and delivered they also deliver to Ireland via http://www.efoam.ie  they also offer a range of covering  to protect the foam  I am sure when you see the website you will agree this company offer the best foam products plus the website is very easy to use.
Thanks again
Just spoke with a very helpful man at BD Harris in Grimsby. He quoted me £50 for a piece of foam 72x30x3 (inches). Not sure if that's the best price but from looking on eBay it's not too bad.