Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Headlight bulbs
I am looking at replacing the standard halogen bulbs for something better like led's.

I am a bit lost as to what is a direct replacement as my bulb incorporates the side lights as well as the main beams.

Has anyone upgraded theirs?

I have a 2004 1.6 16v petrol.
Just put some Osram Nightbreakers headlight bulbs in a great improvement, and the sidelight is separate bulb.
Are we there yet????? Huh
Ex 1.6hdi van now 3 seater 1.4 multispace
So it is. Seems tricky to access the side lights. Is best to remove the headlight fitting first?
It can be done in situ although if you have access to child labour with small arms and hands all the better. It is a bit fiddly but you shouldn't need to remove the lights unless you have an HDI the nearside on them are a pig to get at. you can get at both bulbs once you remove the rear cover.
Are we there yet????? Huh
Ex 1.6hdi van now 3 seater 1.4 multispace
The standard issue headlights on my modern Xtr were dangerously pathetic. Upgraded to Halfords ones and they are great except both failed within a couple of months - a bit miffing considering the cost. I guess I'll have a go at the Nightbreakers next.
I've been very pleased with the brightness and the shape of the dip-beam cut-off with the Osram Nightbreakers that I fitted. I've read on other forums that the Nightbreakers have a shorter life than the standard bulb, anyone on this forum run them for long enough to comment?
(30-08-2017, 04:10 PM)Matt Haigh Wrote:  I've been very pleased with the brightness and the shape of the dip-beam cut-off with the Osram Nightbreakers that I fitted. I've read on other forums that the Nightbreakers have a shorter life than the standard bulb, anyone on this forum run them for long enough to comment?

... yes - longevity is an apparent issue with Citroens according to 2 separate techies at Halfords... maybe the voltage is 'good'??
(30-08-2017, 01:41 PM)sagraiasolar Wrote:  The standard issue headlights on my modern Xtr were dangerously pathetic.

Count your blessing we are not still using BPF bulbs they make the current standard equipment seem like nirvana even with todays higher road speeds. 

Angel
(30-08-2017, 01:41 PM)sagraiasolar Wrote:  The standard issue headlights on my modern Xtr were dangerously pathetic. Upgraded to Halfords ones and they are great except both failed within a couple of months - a bit miffing considering the cost. I guess I'll have a go at the Nightbreakers next.

Take them back to halfords - their long life bulbs are known for not lasting as long as a standard bulbs - not sure what you got but just take them back anyway.
Don't buy LED's - I tried them and the light output was worse and scattered all over the place!
2015 1.6 L1850 90ps In Artic Steel inc Look Pack and Lighting Pack.