Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wiring diagram for 2004 1.9d
Need a bit of help, I am trying to trace the fault on my 2004 1.9d multispace .The central locking is not working properly I removed the bmi and cleaned up the corrosion but was unable to find the pins that operate the lock motors ,the wiring diagram in the haynes manual seems to be different to the wiring on my van can anyone help please. thanks
Have you tried cleaning the pins on the loom connectors that sit near the door hinges as these can cause some odd problems like doors unlocking themselves, not locking etc. They are a bit delicate and also liable to corrosion.
Good luck!
Will try that
Found a diagram but have not checked it is correct.pins 13 and 15 of the 16 pin green conector .

[attachment=3891 Wrote: jimbo pid='104331' dateline='1507557193']Found a diagram but have not checked it is correct.pins 13 and 15 of the 16 pin green conector .

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi Jimbo. I had a similar fault on my 2005 2.0 HDi The doors would lock with the key fob and the key  but not unlock. It turned out to be very slight corrosion on the pins which connect the 2 boards in the BSI. The board with the chips on is the intelligent bit and the board with the relays is the servo board which amplifies the low voltage signals from the intelligent board and makes them usable by the door motors. Corrosion on these pins is very common as the BSI lives in a damp place. You have to remove the BSI and separate the 2 boards very gently, say with a flat school ruler. Clean off any corrosion with a fine wire brush (like a suede brush) and reassemble with some electrolube on the pins and in the holes. Its a fiddly job. Getting all the plugs off the BSI is a pain but they are all different so no danger of incorrect reassembly.

Incidentally the intelligent board is unique to the vehicle whereas the servo board can be replaced by one from a scrapper, if you can find one. Hope this helps
(20-10-2017, 01:03 PM)mikeB Wrote:  Hi Jimbo. I had a similar fault on my 2005 2.0 HDi The doors would lock with the key fob and the key  but not unlock. It turned out to be very slight corrosion on the pins which connect the 2 boards in the BSI. The board with the chips on is the intelligent bit and the board with the relays is the servo board which amplifies the low voltage signals from the intelligent board and makes them usable by the door motors. Corrosion on these pins is very common as the BSI lives in a damp place. You have to remove the BSI and separate the 2 boards very gently, say with a flat school ruler. Clean off any corrosion with a fine wire brush (like a suede brush) and reassemble with some electrolube on the pins and in the holes. Its a fiddly job. Getting all the plugs off the BSI is a pain but they are all different so no danger of incorrect reassembly.

Incidentally the intelligent board is unique to the vehicle whereas the servo board can be replaced by one from a scrapper, if you can find one. Hope this helps

Many Thanks Mike I took the bsi apart and cleaned all the corrosion I could see and parted the boards and cleaned with electrolube (great stuff) but no improvement I have not had chance to investigate any further but will report back with any progress .