Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Central Locking fixed (would not unlock)
Pleased to say I have fixed my central locking problem .
The symptoms where this .The unlock button on the key fob would only make the indicators flash no action from locks ,The lock button on the key fob would just lock the side doors ,the tailgate and front doors could only be locked or unlocked with the key.I checked the wiring and decided that the problem was with the bsi unit .I had already removed it and cleaned up the slight corrosion on the board but it was no better.The next thing I checked where the relays on the upper board of the bsi.To do this you need to separate the two boards and use a file to clean the varnish from the relay pins the resistance of the relay coil should be 80 to 100 ohms, I found One relays coil was open circuit ,I removed the relay from a donor bsi I got from ebay and replaced the faulty one. The locks now work perfectly all doors lock and unlock[Image: shy.png] I hope the photos explain the fix better then I can

Hope this of use. Be careful not to damage your bsi
[-] The following 5 users say Thank You to jimbo for this post:
  • Barry L, cancunia, jj9, timhyphenh, Tomcat3
A great bit of fault finding, well done.

The soldered pin arrowed on the right looks like a dry joint, that wasn't why the relay coil was showing as open circuit was it?

My vehicle .... 2006 (m59) Berlingo Multispace Desire - 1.6 HDI 92 
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to jj9 for this post:
  • jimbo
You ghetto maniac!
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Kokain for this post:
  • jimbo
(02-11-2017, 09:57 AM)jj9 Wrote:  A great bit of fault finding, well done.

The soldered pin arrowed on the right looks like a dry joint, that wasn't why the relay coil was showing as open circuit was it?

Thanks jj9 ,the picture is after I fitted the replacement relay, that joint looks funny because it has a bit of fluff from my cleaning cloth stuck to it the cleaning spray makes the varnish go sticky until it dries.Not my finest soldering I think the joint above the word approx will need a tidy as it could short out. no obvious reason for the relay to fail I think it must be a faulty batch ,I took the old one apart and it looked like new inside.
Great, neat job.
Beyond my simple brain, but I'll save this thread as a reference if ever ....

Gravity
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Gravity for this post:
  • jimbo
Thumbs Up 
(02-11-2017, 01:27 PM)jimbo Wrote:  Thanks jj9 ,the picture is after I fitted the replacement relay, that joint looks funny because it has a bit of fluff from my cleaning cloth stuck to it the cleaning spray makes the varnish go sticky until it dries.Not my finest soldering I think the joint above the word approx will need a tidy as it could short out. no obvious reason for the relay to fail I think it must be a faulty batch ,I took the old one apart and it looked like new inside.

I've got you.... the fluff threw me  Big Grin

Hey, any soldering that works get my vote, some of mine hasn't been the prettiest either. 

I normally varnish the newly soldered area, I haven't any circuit board varnish so a coat of clear nail varnish (Pound shop special) does the job..... well that's my excuse for having it  Wink

Great repair.

My vehicle .... 2006 (m59) Berlingo Multispace Desire - 1.6 HDI 92 
Good idea ,I did think some sponge cable tied around the wires might absorb any water running down them.
Sponge is not a hold-all unfortunately, so once it has absorbed to its capacity it will allow any further moisture to continue its journey.

Seems stupid to say this, but ... the only cure for water ingress is to stop it at source! Sounds simple, but stopping water getting where you don't want it can be a right pain in the asking for it!

Gravity
Just clean all the crap and debris out of the scuttle area and make sure the drain holes are clear and you should be fine. Clean the area at the bottom of the wing by the door jam as this builds up with mud and leaves to.
Are we there yet????? Huh
Ex 1.6hdi van now 3 seater 1.4 multispace
(01-11-2017, 09:46 PM)jimbo Wrote:  Pleased to say I have fixed my central locking problem .

Great piece of work & thanks for sharing it. Could you post a picture of the relay part number?