Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bigger rear speakers
Has anyone fitted bigger rear speaker to a multispace, did you have to cut the original roof speakers casing.  Just looking at dong this and wondered how I would mount them or fit them to the roof.
Tbh you won’t get a great deal more bass out of them which is what most people want, you’d be better off whipping the trim off and seeing if there’s any way to form an enclosure around the rear of the drivers, any open holes if they are in the rear pillars can be sealed up with sound deadening, this will make the bass a lot better by itself! If you take some pics of the mounting I’d be better able to advise
Roof speakers?

This is one of them there newfangled B9s?

In my days, you got a pair of speakers in the dash, and a second pair in the doors if you were posh. Half the time one of the sets weren't even hooked up, and no one could tell the difference because of all the rattling!

Honestly, a car is the last place I'd spend serious money to improve the sound experience...
But if you have to do it, consider adding a bass under the rear seats, or possibly make some custom boxes in the back, and leave the stock stuff alone.
Elf it up and you'll end up devaluing the car.
Cheers for replies, no B9 here, 2007 m59.

Just looking for a pic wait one...
(20-12-2017, 07:15 PM)kevsterjw Wrote:  Cheers for replies, no B9 here, 2007 m59.

Just looking for a pic wait one...

You can see my speaker housing same as pic number 3 at the bottom of this page.  

https://www.berlingoforum.com/thread-515.html
If I’m honest that’s such a poor mounting location I wouldn’t even bother, it’s fundamentally never going to give any extra bass even with better speakers, your best hope would be a head into with high pass filters for the front and rear speakers (pioneer or alpine spring to mind) and a small active subwoofer would be the best for getting decent sound from a Berlingo for under 250 quid I’d think

If you’d like suggestions for kit I don’t mind having a look (20+ yrs of high end car audio and competition car audio inc firsts in European level soundoff competition are my only qualifications mind lol)