Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Engine] Starting
I am experiencing a strange fault when starting. It seems that the starter is staying engaged causing the engine to tick over lumpy/ rough. If I switch it off immediately and restart, it's ok? The problem only seems to happen occasionally after the vehicle is warm, but I don't think it's linked to temperature. I know there was a recall on a pump cable check/replacement that I have not had done yet. This recall was pointed out to me when I had my headlamps replaced in Spain by the Citroen dealer. The vehicle is still under warranty but any advise beforehand is appreciated.
(07-01-2018, 10:27 AM)casaerica Wrote:   It seems that the starter is staying engaged

The vehicle is still under warranty but any advise beforehand is appreciated.

Have the starter replaced for free .......................
2007 M59 1.6 HDi 

Serieal Berlingo owner  Heart Heart Heart
Dealer's responsibility, not yours.
Take it back and ask them to sort it.

Gravity
Get it back to your dealer quickly - do not use the vehicle! It will damage your ring gear and then its a gearbox out and a new flywheel.
(07-01-2018, 10:27 AM)casaerica Wrote:  I am experiencing a strange fault when starting. It seems that the starter is staying engaged causing the engine to tick over lumpy/ rough. If I switch it off immediately and restart, it's ok? The problem only seems to happen occasionally after the vehicle is warm, but I don't think it's linked to temperature. I know there was a recall on a pump cable check/replacement that I have not had done yet. This recall was pointed out to me when I had my headlamps replaced in Spain by the Citroen dealer. The vehicle is still under warranty but any advise beforehand is appreciated.

I have a update regarding this problem, my Berlingo is in it's third year warranty now and registered on Spanish plates. I took it to a Spanish Citroen dealer explaining what I thought was the symptoms mentioned previously. Also for the recall work in replacing the pump cable, free of charge.
They kept the car for 3 days telling me they we're having problems and would have to put the car on their diagnostic machine at a cost of 150.00 euro's and it could be claimed back through Citroen UK . On collection of the car said they couldn't find anything wrong on the diagnosis or during several road Tests. 
The problem has disappeared leaving me to think it was the replacement of the pump cable that was done at the same time under recall. So l hope this helps other Berlingo owners if they experience these symptoms.
To finish off with my experience. Citroen UK are not interested in refunding anything because it's got Spanish plates on. Spain are telling me Citroen UK will refund me for sure. Spain only give a two year warranty. So their not interested.
 So much for European cover.!!!