Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Central Locking Problem
Wink 
Hi 

Iam currently having an issue with my central locking. 

When using the key in the drivers door manually all doors unlock and lock perfectly okay. 

However when I use the key fob all doors unlock and lock except the drivers door. 

Anyone any ideas as to what the problem could be? 

Regards Davie R
I'm not sure you have a problem the drivers door lock is control for all the doors and wiil unlock all doors, but if you use the key in the passenger door it will only unlock that door. That Is how it is on my multispace anyway.
Are we there yet????? Huh
Ex 1.6hdi van now 3 seater 1.4 multispace
(13-01-2018, 07:02 PM)Tomcat3 Wrote:  I'm not sure you have a problem the drivers door lock is control for all the doors and wiil unlock all doors, but if you use the key in the passenger door it will only unlock that door. That Is how it is on my multispace anyway.

Sorry maybe I haven’t explained properly. Apologies. 

When I use the key in the drivers door lock, all doors unlock and lock as they should. 

However when I use the remote buttons on the key fob all doors unlock except the drivers door. 

Hope this makes more sense ?
I'd assume that there was something wrong with the wiring to the actuator in that door.

which year model do you have?

Early models have the central locking controller hidden in the side of the car, behind the panel next to the rear passenger seat. (It's on the lefthand side on my lefthand drive model). I assume it's on the righthand side on car made to drive on the wrong side of the road.

After 2000 or so, the central locking became integrated into the fun box known as the BSI.

on an old car I'd pop the panel, unplug the cables and play about.
If it's possible I'd just swap the right and lefthand side connectors. can't remember if it is possible...
If it's not possible to swap connectors around it should at least be possible to measure resistance on the wires. (Just check that all the bundles give the same results. do this with the power off. )
I might even consider popping the door card on the problem door and measuring the cables from both ends.

If it's a newer model, I'd start with resetting the BSI.
Hello everyone
since when you use the remote control the system reacts and only the driver's door does not open, in my opinion the problem is in the lock motor (driver's door): either it is out of service or dirty, a little cleaning and greasing will resolve the problem

[Image: image.jpg]