Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nose weight?
Hi Everyone can anyone help me please I own a 2016 Citroen berlingo100 Blue Hdi 1.6 XTR multispace and I am looking to tow a caravan so I need to know the nose weight of the berlingo. Citroen UK says it 56kg My Citroen dealer says it 56kg Citroen in france say it's 70kg and my tow bar people say it's 70kg I've also had a look in the hand book it says 55kg  so I am scratching my head can anybody  help or know of this discrepancy please can you help as I am lost thank you Andy [Image: sad.png]
Noseweight of current model is 70kg. It’s on the towbar & in my handbook. That’s what I run mine at. I have no idea how Cit arrive at these different weights. My previous 2009 XTR had 55kg noseweight. Then after 2011 models it went to 70kg then at some point it went to 56kg & then back up to 70kg. Although most Peugeot Partner models which is same car are all 56kg. So as pointed out you are ok to run yours at 70kg if it states 70kg on towbar. I can’t really see how 15kg would make much difference anyway.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Opensauce for this post:
  • CitBerlingoXtr
Hi opensauce
Thank you for your reply yeah it confusing I spoke to the place where I got my towbar and they showed me there Witter tow bar book with all the cars specifications and it shows my model of car at 70kg. I took a picture on my phone and sent it to citroen uk and they said its wrong so like I said been very confusing ?
Go with the handbook and Citroen UK and you won't go wrong.
2007 M59 1.6 HDi 

Serieal Berlingo owner  Heart Heart Heart
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to geoff for this post:
  • CitBerlingoXtr
FWIW & IMHO, the safe option is the lower weight, esp if that's what Citroen quote. Towbars may be made to a higher spec for different versions of the same vehicle, or to a lower spec to meet a price point. If it's a caravan or trailer, can't the weight be balanced by shifting the load or adding some ballast? If you can balance the weight, it's the overall weight you need to be more concerned about?
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to cancunia for this post:
  • CitBerlingoXtr
Duplicate Thread?

Gravity