Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2004 berlingo enterprise 2.0hdi
Hi guys I’m new to the forum and have been trolling posts looking for an answer to my problem and have been unsuccessful in my search.

So I have had a fault which happened after wiggerling the indicator stalk on my van which caused a fault to occur which left the drivers side parking lights on at all times.

To correct this I tried the BSI reset with the mechanic after he mentioned it could clear the fault.

So we tried this disconnect the battery for 3 minutes etc and followed the procedure and when it came to holding the key fob button down which did nothing and then failed to start like the imoberliser has kicked in and won’t start when prior to this it started on the button every time.

I’ve since changed the battery in the key fob and tried the spare key and it turns over but just won’t start.

Any advice would be helpful as I’m at my witts end with the garage bill going up I feel like I may as well pay the bill and scrap the van.

Would there be a way to do another BSi Reset but with out pushing the key fob button or a way to code the key back in if this will help.

Regards SC
Does it have an alarm like a Cobra - they can be a pain remove the battery neg and leave for 10 mins then reconnect but do not follow the bsi reset procedure just leave for 5 mins then try and start. A BSI reset is not the instant cure people think it is and it can cause problems.
(14-02-2018, 04:59 PM)polar Wrote:  Does it have an alarm like a Cobra - they can be a pain remove the battery neg and leave for 10 mins then reconnect but do not follow the bsi reset procedure just leave for 5 mins then try and start. A BSI reset is not the instant cure people think it is and it can cause problems.

There’s no independent alarm
System it’s factory standard and due to the parking lights being on constantly the battery has been disconnected to avoid draining it and it is still the same once reconnected, thanks for you reply much appreciated
The indicator stalk is known for causing problems when worn so that could be a separate problem. You can buy the little £7 part to rectify a floppy indicator stalk and strip the comms unit and replace the part. But i have found when the comms unit is worn and on its way out it gives other lighting problems too. You usually end up replacing the comms unit at a later date.
Hi mate thanks for the reply I’ve bought the plastic plunger thing you mentioned and have replaced this and has made no difference and the part we took out looks fine with no signs of ware. The stalk hasn’t gone floppy either and think I need to replace the whole stalk as must be an electrical fault.
Yes thats what i have found - replacing the plunger does very little most times - so it sound like you need a new comms unit.