Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
re snowflaking / peeling on touchscreen screen
            Hello everyone , we have a 2016 berlingo enterprise van , purchased one year ago February 2017 with 10 miles on it - as a pre reg vehicle, has anyone experience a snowflaking ( the term used by Citroen) or peeeling of  plastic film on the middle lcd touch screen console, it was thought the plastic screen hadn't been taken off originally but upon inspection it has , it is spreading from the right hand corner of the screen , It hasn't been hit at all , I took it back to my Citroen dealer who we purchased it from and was sent this reply which seems unreasonable , ANY ADVICE WOULD BE APPRECIATED AS IT LOOKS TERRIBLE EVEN THOUGH IT WORKS OK . 
I can take a photo later this morning , when it warms up a tad 

REPLY FROM LOCAL CITROEN DEALERSHIP 

Good morning.
Sorry for the delay.

Citroen uk have said if we were to replace the screen the old unit needs to be sent back for inspection, if upon receipt
and inspection of the unit they deem it to be caused by damage to the screen the warranty claim will be rejected.
We could do the repair but would need to hold credit / debit card details and in the event of the claim being denied
the cost of repair would have to be paid for.
The cost for replacement is £1,069.55 including vat.

many thanks Sharon

That's a lot of money for a screen repair. Cost apart, it does look as though at some time the screen has been knocked, although I am no expert. Many other causes could no doubt have produced this fault.

But that is really begging the issue. If Citroen state that it has been knocked as a get out reason, what can you say in rebuttal? Only, 'I swear we have never hit it with anything.' Then its your word against theirs, isn't it? That's the worst case scenario.

You could get firmer and take it up with Citroen direct. If they see your persistence they might offer more - perhaps a contribution towards repair in some form.

If you choose not to take it further right now, then keep a dated photographic record in case the defect spreads later.

Often hiccups like this are resolved at the Dealer's discretion, so maintain a good rapport with the Dealer if possible.

Gravity
That looks like delamination from possibly sun damage - quite common on GPS units fitted to boats, hence why they have sun covers.

I would think if something has hit it, you'd see evidence of it on the top layer of the screen.
Previous Berlingo: 2015 1.6 L1850 90ps In Artic Steel inc Look Pack and Lighting Pack.

Previous Berlingo: K9 2018 Driver M 100ps in Platinum Grey with Safety Pack

Current Berlingo: 2021 K9 Driver M Pro 130ps EAT8 in Platinum Grey with Safety Pack
(01-03-2018, 10:58 AM)Tree Wrote:  That looks like delamination from possibly sun damage - quite common on GPS units fitted to boats, hence why they have sun covers.

I would think if something has hit it, you'd see evidence of it on the top layer of the screen.

thanks for the suggestion , i will have a look into this , nothing shows being hit , it has peeling like glue effect feel which you could pick at , nothing cracked , having a discussion with Citroen at the moment as it should be covered under warranty but i am worried they are going to say it has been hit , which it hasnt only done 5800 miles which i can account for as a leisure vehicle , i am not in any position to pay over a thousand pounds , many thanks
(01-03-2018, 10:32 AM)Gravity Wrote:  That's a lot of money for a screen repair. Cost apart, it does look as though at some time the screen has been knocked, although I am no expert. Many other causes could no doubt have produced this fault.

But that is really begging the issue. If Citroen state that it has been knocked as a get out reason, what can you say in rebuttal? Only, 'I swear we have never hit it with anything.' Then its your word against theirs, isn't it? That's the worst case scenario.

You could get firmer and take it up with Citroen direct. If they see your persistence they might offer more - perhaps a contribution towards repair in some form.

If you choose not to take it further right now, then keep a dated photographic record in case the defect spreads later.

Often hiccups like this are resolved at the Dealer's discretion, so maintain a good rapport with the Dealer if possible.

Gravity

thanks for this comment we have a good rapport at the moment , it has only done 5900 miles which i can account for as it is used just for leisure but agree their word against mine , it is in their interest not to cover under warranty , i have taken photos been like it a couple of months should have sorted earlier but due to circumstances wasn't my priority in life , just really annoying in a new vehicle , console is annoying as you cant turn it off either which seems a stupid idea , many thanks
(01-03-2018, 10:32 AM)Gravity Wrote:  That's a lot of money for a screen repair. Cost apart, it does look as though at some time the screen has been knocked, although I am no expert. Many other causes could no doubt have produced this fault.

Gravity

thanks for this comment we have a good rapport at the moment , it has only done 5900 miles which i can account for as it is used just for leisure but agree their word against mine , it is in their interest not to cover under warranty , i have taken photos been like it a couple of months should have sorted earlier but due to circumstances wasn't my priority in life , just really annoying in a new vehicle , console is annoying as you cant turn it off either which seems a stupid idea , many thanks
(01-03-2018, 12:45 PM)brightonseagull Wrote:  

Gravity

This sounds like a typical big firm tactic, we will put you off of a claim by making you risk having to pay for it, I would consult with citizens advice and trading standards.
I would also scour the internet for other similar stories, don't forget to broaden your search to include other Citroen that use the same system and don't forget the peugeot models too.

Mark

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk
(01-03-2018, 04:40 PM)Satellitemark Wrote:  
(01-03-2018, 12:45 PM)brightonseagull Wrote:  

Gravity

This sounds like a typical big firm tactic, we will put you off of  a claim by making you risk having to pay for it, I would consult with citizens advice and trading standards.
I would also scour the internet for other similar stories, don't forget to broaden your search to include other Citroen that use the same system and don't forget the peugeot models too.

Mark

thanks for the advice I have opened a case up direct with Citroen and expect an answer within 2 days , i will keep everyone posted to the outcome , any advice is appreciated , I will research a bit more tonight ,
GOOD NEWS, Phone call from Citroen today they have agreed to cover under warranty , great customer care , I am actually very impressed
Great news good result

Mark