Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exhausted
UHi, I have a 1999 "t" reg berlingo van 600 lx, my question is should it have a catalytic converter, it doesn't have one at the moment but the exhaust has snapped and needs replacing the motor factor by me says it should have one , does anyone know if it's a standard fitment, cheers ed
Try putting your VIN number in at the site in the link below and you will be able to look up the parts that should be fitted to your van.

https://www.catcar.info/citroen/?lang=en&l=

My vehicle .... 2006 (m59) Berlingo Multispace Desire - 1.6 HDI 92 
My old berlingo, y  reg had one but when the exhaust gave up I got a middle pipe which had a shape in it that looked like it had a cat, for MOT it required one but as long as it looked like it had one it passed. Dodgy .

Don't know if they are still available , IIRC it came from Germany.

They do need one for the MOT.

Found this but it may be out of date (As at Feb. 2015)

The fitting of catalytic converter was made standard in UK in 1993, to comply with harsher emission regulations.
Vehicles registered on or after 1 August 1992 are required to have catalytic converters fitted. This included vehicles held in storage and out of production for several years, in some cases five years or more.
It was in 2009 when it became a legal requirement for all CATS made, sold and installed to have R103 Type Approval and affects all cars and light commercial vehicles up to 3500kg registered on or after 1st January 2001.
2001 1.9d DW8B  Berlingo
Your exhaust may look like it has no cat but it may still have one in what looks like a normal silence box. Anyway if its not the case on yours at the moment the cat being in the system should not affect fitment.
Which engine do you have?
On the 1.4i of that vintage, the exhaust goes down from the manifold, under the gearbox, over the steering rack, then into the cat.
And there should be an Oxygen sensor slightly below midway on the downpipe.
(07-06-2018, 10:21 PM)Gadgetman Wrote:  Which engine do you have?
On the 1.4i of that vintage, the exhaust goes down from the manifold, under the gearbox, over the steering rack, then into the cat.
And there should be an Oxygen sensor slightly below midway on the downpipe.

Hi, thanks for the replies, it's a 1.9 diesel , we have had the van for 7yrs and only ever replaced the middle and rear section of the exhaust, it's only covered 100,000 miles which for its age is low and had light use with only 3 owners us being the third.
JJ9's link didn't work for me, it wouldn't accept the VIN number, p'raps because my van is over 20 yrs old ?
'98 D 800 van Big Grin
What is this cylinder mounted on the exhaust manifold - DPF ?

[Image: dp0tiytw.jpg]
'98 D 800 van Big Grin
(18-07-2018, 09:03 AM)colinh Wrote:  JJ9's link didn't work for me, it wouldn't accept the VIN number, p'raps because my van is over 20 yrs old ?

You can search manually if the VIN doesn't work, just chose your vehicle and them chose the engine type.

(18-07-2018, 10:36 AM)colinh Wrote:  What is this cylinder mounted on the exhaust manifold - DPF ?

[Image: dp0tiytw.jpg]

It's described as a muffler.

https://www.catcar.info/citroen/?lang=en...aWVyPT0%3D

My vehicle .... 2006 (m59) Berlingo Multispace Desire - 1.6 HDI 92 
A resonator at a guess?