Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Bypass heater matrix?
#1
Hi guys. Got a 54 plate 1.9d berlingo.

Im pretty sure the heater matrix has gone, as I've got all the usual symptoms.

I only use the van for short commutes , so don't need a heater.

Has anyone bypassed the heater matrix before? I just don't want wet carpets, not bothered about heat  ?

Cheers , 

Geoff
Reply
#2
Yeah, was commonly done on ford cortina models back in the day. You just pull the two pipes that go to the firewall in the engine bay, and link them with a bit of solid pipe and 2 jubilee clips. 

You still have the fan to help with steamy windows in cold weather but won't work so well without heat!

Will be flipping Baltic in the winter, but easy to do.
My Van: 2007 1.6 HDi 600 - currently on 62,000 miles  Sleepy
Reply
#3
Hello mate! Thanks for the info! Funny you should comment today, I've literally just finished the job.

I pulled the pipes from the matrix on the engine bay side of the firewall, then cut both pipes away from the connector.

Joined together with a 20mm barbed connector and 2 18-26mm jubilee clips. Bled the cooling system, and so far seems to work a treat...

95% of my use of the van is a 5 minute drive to and from work, and the other 5% is just around town, so I'll probably manage on the winter, and will also look to get one of those 12v fan heaters as well.

For me, this was a much more desirable option than the countless hours it would of taken to pull the cabin apart to replace the matrix.
Cheers,

Geoff
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Normg002 for this post:
  • geoff
Reply
#4
Superb mate, glad to hear you've got the outcome you were after!
My Van: 2007 1.6 HDi 600 - currently on 62,000 miles  Sleepy
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:
  

Password:
  




[-]
Search
(Advanced Search)

[-]
Latest Threads
Quiet beeping noise and ABS light
Last Post: tc_1
Today 08:32 AM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 1051
Grizz' Prozac for the Soul - Berlingo Multispace
Last Post: Grizz
Today 08:12 AM
» Replies: 463
» Views: 76770
New in a Berlingo that need a new injection pump...
Last Post: swedish
Today 07:57 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 26
How to test Stop Solenoid
Last Post: frank
Today 07:31 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 206
Gear linkage
Last Post: jj9
Yesterday 10:42 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 161
ABS Light
Last Post: bazstivy
Yesterday 08:26 PM
» Replies: 13
» Views: 1318
Centre Multifunction Display
Last Post: hawaiianblue
Yesterday 05:59 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 268
Trukrax, berlingo roof rack
Last Post: Art b
Yesterday 05:33 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 137
Rear seats from 2012 Citroen Berlingo Multispace
Last Post: Kokain
Yesterday 03:09 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 471
Do all of these come with rcl?
Last Post: hawaiianblue
Yesterday 12:38 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 624

[-]
Recent Visitors
Locations of visitors to this page