Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greetings from an old new boy
I've been motorhoming and campervanning since the early 70s - self converted Anglia van was number 1.  
I've had huge gin palaces, medium sized PVCs and a couple of Transit Connect self-conversions and am now just seeing the departure of my trusty Devon Sunrise - surely the best ever for layout?
I need to downsize again but retain flexibility to use the vehicle as a passenger car so camper number 10 is to be a Berlingo.
I always camp solo so just me to cater for and I don't need bells and whistles to enjoy my wanderings.
I have in mind just a simple and basic set up that can quickly be pulled out when I want the car back. I don't want a commercial boot jump pack as I'll enjoy, again, starting with a clear floor space and a headfull of ideas of my own.
I'm very happy about the Berlingo as it seems to have everything I'm looking for with only one, so far, niggling and annoying bit of bad design - those terrible plastic, mis-matching areas of the dash panel. I really can't understand how that design ever got signed off - so, in addition to saying hello to you all with my first post, I'm already here with a Berlingo question:

Has anyone, successfully, been able to improve the appearance of that area by either "painting" in situ or removing the panels and doing some form of surface and colour change?
Failing that I'll just have to live with it and not look :-)

Tony
Hello Tony and welcome to the forum. Lot's of posts on here about Berlingo camper conversions. Sounds like you've a ton of experience to share. Looking forward to your posts as you camperize the Berlingo.
2010 Berlingo Multispace HDi 110 with FAP.  Persamos green.

Hi Tony welcome to the forum, if you have a search on the forum Gravity has done a very smart conversion on his B9 berlingo.
Are we there yet????? Huh
Ex 1.6hdi van now 3 seater 1.4 multispace