Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jerking at low speed
My 2014 Berlingo with semi-auto six-speed box jerks quite often, particularly when the wheels are on full lock, manoeuvring into a parking space. Is this something easily fixable or expensive?
Hi,
apparently the auto's are prone to jerkiness, there's been a few discussions on the forum about it, take a look around you will probably come across some of them.

My vehicle .... 2006 (m59) Berlingo Multispace Desire - 1.6 HDI 92 
(06-07-2018, 09:58 PM)jj9 Wrote:  Hi,
apparently the auto's are prone to jerkiness, there's been a few discussions on the forum about it, take a look around you will probably come across some of them.

I've had a look through and found a few similar things. It's rather annoying, in that it does it when you're trying to manoeuvre, and jerking into and out of a tight parking space is an experience I'd rather avoid! If it's a question of 'They all do it, Sir.' I suppose I'd better try to live with it. I've had the vehicle just over a year, and it's steadily got worse. The dealer reprogrammed it but that hasn't made any difference.

I had a Grand Picasso previously and it wasn't like this at all. There's the same delay between putting your foot down and the vehicle moving - in fact I'd say there was more with the Berlingo, and I've found the way to deal with it is to floor the pedal briefly just before moving off, and everything goes smoothly.

This one ticked nearly all the boxes when we got it, and still does, so I'm reluctant to get rid of it. I'm just wary of a large bill!
From what ive read if these semi autos dont respond to a reprogram its a new clutch and flywheel.

Hope Lighty comes along and gives us his wisdom on there autos
Yeah, if I remember correctly I'm sure the reprogramming is reported as having little effect and the problem soon reappears.

It's a shame the industry is producing systems like this just to scrape a lower emission rating, a proper auto would have been a great machine.

My vehicle .... 2006 (m59) Berlingo Multispace Desire - 1.6 HDI 92 
I've used a work around with mine, use the handbrake to take up the slack as you set off whilst doing a manoeuvre..
(09-07-2018, 06:46 PM)BerlingoAndy Wrote:  I've used a work around with mine, use the handbrake to take up the slack as you set off whilst doing a manoeuvre..

A bit of a nuisance, though. I'm just afraid this is going to be expensive, and if so, much as I like the car I might allow someone else the privilege of putting it right! Our Picasso had the same gearbox but didn't do this. Unfortunately that one succumbed to a seized valve, which I gather is a common problem, but it would have cost more than the car was worth to put it right.
Have a word with Lighty on here he has done quite a few posts on these autos that he has worked on.
Are we there yet????? Huh
Ex 1.6hdi van now 3 seater 1.4 multispace