Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Berlingo electrical woes
Hi I have a 2003 facelift berlingo 1.9xud

and she isnt very healthy at the moment we have a multiple electrical issues which am sure will all be down to one thing

heater blower not working
radio not working
rev counter not working
glowplugs not working
glowplug light on dash not working
immo not working (have fitted a single wire solenoid to pump so I can run the engine)
the center display lights up with eco mode then goes off

Any Ideas
Have all of these faults started at the same time?

Have you checked that the battery is healthy?
Low voltage can cause a load of problems.

My vehicle .... 2006 (m59) Berlingo Multispace Desire - 1.6 HDI 92 
battery is fully charged  12.8v when running 14.25v

lights indicators horn etc..    all work as they should remote central locking etc... all working as they should

The fault started of as a intermittent  non starting issue, and i quickly worked out if when the ignition was turned on and the glowplug light didnt come on she was not going to start keep doing key cycles and after a random number it would show the glow plug light and she would run and she would run all day until you turned it of off

The eco mode, heater blower, lack of rev counter  I would say that because it does not know the engine is running

radio probs not working because its in eco mode

I will get her plugged in today see what fault codes if any flag up
I plugged her in with the Dephi and got some answers and more questions

the engine ECU is not comunicating to the BSI or Instrument cluster   CAN B fault

as a result there is no information been sent from the engine ECU batt light is on so the van thinks its not charging hence heater blowers and eco mode etc....

I cannot connect to the eng ECU either with the delphi

So I am thinking its either not getting power to it or a data link fault,    

popped the BSI open and it look very clean no signs of water ingress, mind you the radio aerial has been leaking rain water and the

Any ideas Please
You may have a dud engine running relay , this stops high amperage things running until it senses the alternator is charging. It sits on the nearside inner wing and is prone to corrosion and bad earths on this have caused problems.
2020 Rifter 1.5 allure
2010 B9 red XTR w a v. 
2001 1.9d DW8B white  Berlingo  
2005 2.l green Berlingo
2001 1.9d DW8B white  Berlingo 
berlingo 1.4 red multispace
1993 xud 1.9 red partner
try the [shunt] fuse its a gray coloured fuse larger than the normal fuse that citreon sometimes put in the main fusebox
you can take it out and move it over a couple of mils or leave it out for 30 seconds and put it back
in the same slot .
(05-08-2018, 05:49 PM)Brittz5 Wrote:  try the [shunt] fuse its a gray coloured fuse larger than the normal fuse  that citreon sometimes put in the main fusebox
you can take it out and move it over a couple of mils or leave it out for 30 seconds and put it back
in the same slot .

will give that a go

I have owned a few french things in the past and never knew what the shunt is for and why have they got 2 postions? just had a quick google its in the right postion
well had a bit play with the van

when the ignition is on I the only lights that come on the instrument display are handbrake, batt light fuel gauge, and mileage, start van up (bypassed the stop solenoid)

Batt light stays on and after a short while instrument display goes to sleep all shuts down bar the batt light,

connected delphi up and get Vehicle area network voltage fault airbag, instrument display not communicating with eng ecu, BSI can b not communicating with engine ecu

no voltage going to eng sensors rpm etc...

rang the canbus from BSI to ENG ECU checked out ok

I am thinking the vans wiring is ok but either the engine ecu or bsi is not playing

dip beam not working but main beam does, wipers and washers inop

indicators work, horn works, if I unplug the canbus in eng fuse box the dip beam comes on,

had a good look at the BSI no signs of water ingress,

can I just put a matching set of BSI, ENG ECU and key from a working van and avoid having to program with lexia,

I dont have the pin code for the van

Oh I cannot communicate at all the eng ecu, so I dont know if there is a fault with the eng ecu or its just not getting powered up
Have you checked all the main MF fuses? They're underneath the top fuse tray in the engine fuse box. See my post with fuse list and schematics.
Previous:
2017 B9 1.6 BlueHDi Van
2012 B9 1.6 HDi Van
2008 M59 1.6 HDi Van
2003 M59 1.9D Van
(05-08-2018, 09:34 PM)Zion Wrote:  Have you checked all the main MF fuses? They're underneath the top fuse tray in the engine fuse box. See my post with fuse list and schematics.

yeah all checked