Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi from a me and what to do.
Hi all.

Wayne here from Manchester. I got my Berlingo Mutlispace 1.9D 2005 85K on the clock, got it near 12 month ago and...well i got it blind for some daft reason ( not like meat all, just in a rush ) as i needed a car for a business i was/am trying for a tool carrier for working on boats.

This was ok for a few the jobs i need to get done but that was a 700 mile round trip and in that time i found a few issues.

Like being

Replacing the rear axle, usual axle bearing failure.
Front disc and pads/shoes all around
New wishbones
Suspension Coils 
Drop links aswell

What needs doing yet now is the calipers need to be replaced as i cant bleed the brakes due to one nipple has snapped and the other rounded off, easier to get new calipers for sake of £75. 

Oh and i would like a new accelerator cable as this is stiff and i see this is a well known problem.

Near rebuilt the darn thing so now as i am tempted to keep it for a camper conversion for fishing trips or sell it once converted to a chap at work who is after one, depends on what he wants t pay for it. 

Either way i will be keeping this or selling to gt another if i can make money on it. I do like it as a run around and would be perfect for fishing trips down North Wales.

So that me and my Berlingo, looking forward to the forum Smile

Wayne Smile
Welcome!
Looks like you've done a fair bit to your car.

Can you bleed the brakes via the flexi hose connection to the caliper?
(23-09-2018, 02:11 PM)cancunia Wrote:  Welcome!
Looks like you've done a fair bit to your car.

Can you bleed the brakes via the flexi hose connection to the caliper?
Hi and thanks for the welcome Wink

Yep i have done a bit and more than i expected i mite of had to do. more so when the seller said it has had most of these things already fixed. First time ever  have i been ripped off with a car, well first as the recent was the dam Jag but that i dont want to go into as i just sent back the X Type to the dealer after 3 months of hassle.

i like cars i can fix and not plug in for numerous faults codes lol  

Never thought of bleeding through the flexi, so can it be done that way ? 

Sounds odd as when the fluid is flowing then you need connect the flexi to then fill the cylinder.
Bleeding via the feed pipe is an old trick, it's not 100% effective but can get you out of a bind, a lot depends on where the pipe enters the caliper, higher up the better. You leave the flexi pipe undone just enough to let the fluid out when you press the pedal, just like with a bleed nipple but a lot more messy.
You can also bleed them backwards by pushing the pistons back in but this is not a good idea with ABS systems and maybe won't work on a car with long brake pipes.
I will have a look this weekend, from what i have spent i have thought whats another £75 a pair of calipers lol.

Oh and i am keeping it, going to convert it for my own use now Smile one i finish my boat though.