Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Berlingo over reving when changing gear
Hi,

Looking for a bit of advice.... I have a 56 plate berlingo van 1.9 and the clutch sounds very heavy but it has been driving fine until yesterday, when I put the clutch pedal down to go into 3rd it’s l keep the he engine over revs and it jumps forward, anyone any ideas, thanks!
Hi and welcome to the forum

I wish i could understand what you are saying? Are you sure its a 1.9 and not a 2.0hdi engine for a start?
I’ll explain better, I put it into third with the clutch still down and when I lift the clutch the revs go up and it jumps forward, it has been intermittent today. It’s defo 1.9 thanks
(20-10-2018, 08:43 AM)GraemeTinney Wrote:  Hi,

Looking for a bit of advice.... I have a 56 plate berlingo van 1.9 and the clutch sounds very heavy but it has been driving fine until yesterday, when I put the clutch pedal down to go into 3rd it’s l keep the he engine over revs and it jumps forward, anyone any ideas, thanks!

There are many people who know more than me here but, have you checked to see if there is a switch operated by the clutch that tells the ecu you are changing gear?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(20-10-2018, 09:50 AM)GraemeTinney Wrote:  I’ll explain better, I put it into third with the clutch still down and when I lift the clutch the revs go up and it jumps forward, it has been intermittent today. It’s defo 1.9 thanks

There could be a micro switch on the clutch pedal buy why its only happening in 3rd is a very odd one.

I wonder whether the gear selector linkage is worn and its not selecting 3rd correctly? That is the place i would start inspecting the gear linkage for play in the gears. How many miles has the vehicle done? Does it do anything strange other than this fault?
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to polar for this post:
  • Art b
clutch problem mate
berlingo b9 2009
Check the cable & release bearing pivot shaft are free before you do anything else.
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy