Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New member - first Berlingo . . . .
Hi there,

Very pleased with my Berlingo M-SP XTR Blue HDi Manual 5-speed.

Coming from a W-reg Renault Megane 5-door Alize 1.9tdi AUTO, I'm enjoying "stirring the pot" again after so many years. Wink

I'm not a fan of SUVs and I think this MPV is SO much better. The ride height, the Gearbox, and the load carrying adaptability is SO good.

The "Tech" is far higher than I'm used to, but I'll pick it up in due course - especially the media centre . . . .

Mine was first registered in Sept 2015 - so am I right in thinking it's a Mk2? (Mentioned in your "Read this first")

ATB

parametric

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I have a Berlingo M-SP XTR BLUEHDI S/S First Reg. 09/2015 (M59 & B9 Mk2. I am informed . . . )
Hi, welcome to the forum.

You have a B9 Berlingo which is AFAIK officially the MK2 but the M59 is a facelift version of the MK1 M49, so the M59 is often referred to as the MK2. I think the B9 has also had a couple of facelifts too. To remove any confusion, it's often easier to refer to them as M49,M59&B9.
I have no idea what the latest version is called...
(01-04-2019, 08:33 AM)cancunia Wrote:  Hi, welcome to the forum.

You have a B9 Berlingo which is AFAIK officially the MK2 but the M59 is a facelift version of the MK1 M49, so the M59 is often referred to as the MK2. To remove any confusion, it's often easier to refer to them as M49,M59&B9.
I have no idea what the latest version is called...

K9

Looks like Parametric is using the same dealer as myself!
Previous Berlingo: 2015 1.6 L1850 90ps In Artic Steel inc Look Pack and Lighting Pack.

Current Berlingo: K9 2018 Driver M 100ps in Platinum Grey with Safety Pack
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Tree for this post:
  • Art b
K9? My first thought was you know what today's date is.... Woof!

But I see it's true unless the Germans also have a sense of humor (and in my experience they do)

https://www.berlingo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=79

https://www.autoevolution.com/citroen/berlingo/
@cancunia
@Tree

Thanks guys for your responses . . . . IME, Forums are BEST to nail down these little "imponderables"

I moderate on three Music/Synthesiser-related Forums myself, so I know what a wealth of knowledge there is, among the members . . . !

I occasionally need to transport keyboards in their flight cases, so the Berlingo is both ideal and VERY versatile in this respect.

I found my Berlingo online, and had to travel to the Dealer to purchase.  They kindly disposed of the Megane at the same time . . . .

ATB

parametric
I have a Berlingo M-SP XTR BLUEHDI S/S First Reg. 09/2015 (M59 & B9 Mk2. I am informed . . . )
(01-04-2019, 01:45 PM)parametric Wrote:  @cancunia
@Tree

Thanks guys for your responses . . . . IME, Forums are BEST to nail down these little "imponderables"

I moderate on three Music/Synthesiser-related Forums myself, so I know what a wealth of knowledge there is, among the members . . . !

I occasionally need to transport keyboards in their flight cases, so the Berlingo is both ideal and VERY versatile in this respect.

I found my Berlingo online, and had to travel to the Dealer to purchase.  They kindly disposed of the Megane at the same time . . . .

ATB

parametric

I'm guessing you used LMC - they're just down the road from me and where i've bought my last two berlingo vans - i also recently bought a C4 Picasso grand from them
Previous Berlingo: 2015 1.6 L1850 90ps In Artic Steel inc Look Pack and Lighting Pack.

It's... Not Red?

I'll forgive you that because you picked a manual. ;-)

As for the SUV / MPV debacle...
SUV stands for 'Sport Utility Vehicle', which should indicate that it can be used both for sport and more utilitarian uses. Nowhere does it say that a SUV needs to be a short, tall and ugly 4WD with poor handling...
MPV stands for Multi-Purpose vehicle, and may be closer to explaining what a Berlingo is, but...
They're being used for mail trucks, wheelchair adapted transport, people carrier(but avoid the 7seater, as anyone in the rearmost seats will end up as hamburger if you're rear-ended), camper, work van and... and...
I think the correct designation is APV - ALL Purpose Vehicle...
gadgetman Wrote:but avoid the 7seater, as anyone in the rearmost seats will end up as hamburger if you're rear-ended)

Has anyone ever seen evidence of this actually happening ? I see it written down so many times and have never read of an instance or seen any physical evidence. I've seen rear ended Berlingos in scrapyards and they didn't look bad enough to intrude into the boot space or do more than crease the rear door and smash the plastics,
So where does this bit go then ?
Here's a horribly filmed video of a crash test of a Zaphira...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4nMXcB7ffI

And if you think 'lorry smack in the @ss of a stationary car' is an unlikely scenario, here's one...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRPTDg5DPrU

Unless there's half a meter between me and the rear of the car there's no way I'm sitting in the back.
(02-04-2019, 11:02 AM)Gadgetman Wrote:  Here's a horribly filmed video of a crash test of a Zaphira...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4nMXcB7ffI

And if you think 'lorry smack in the @ss of a stationary car' is an unlikely scenario, here's one...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRPTDg5DPrU

Unless there's half a meter between me and the rear of the car there's no way I'm sitting in the back.

I had 20 tonnes of lorry rear end my Van at 50mph while i was almost stationary - despite the underside damage adding up to 4 grand in repairs, I was surprised how little damage was present on the outside. I think I was lucky though!