Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Engine] Berlingo 2.0Hdi 2003 multi wont rev past 2000RPM
Hi all,
Had the oil and engine light come on yesterday, topped up with oil and the engine doesn't seem to be running on all cylinders, massively lacking power and wont rev past 2000 rpm any ideas on where to start looking ?
Thank in advance!
You may/should have an OBD port on your car, it'll be behind the flap under & to the right of the steering wheel, above the BSI/fuses. If so, get an OBD code reader & Torque app, check for error codes and turbo boost.
(19-04-2019, 09:12 AM)cancunia Wrote:  You may/should have an OBD port on your car, it'll be behind the flap under & to the right of the steering wheel, above the BSI/fuses. If so, get an OBD code reader & Torque app, check for error codes and turbo boost.

Thanks for the reply yes got a port, waiting for the reader from eBay now, was booked in to have it read this morning but car was so under powered I gave up on the trip haha
(19-04-2019, 06:01 PM)peterbol Wrote:  
(19-04-2019, 09:12 AM)cancunia Wrote:  You may/should have an OBD port on your car, it'll be behind the flap under & to the right of the steering wheel, above the BSI/fuses. If so, get an OBD code reader & Torque app, check for error codes and turbo boost.

Thanks for the reply yes got a port, waiting for the reader from eBay now, was booked in to have it read this morning but car was so under powered I gave up on the trip haha

I’m going to say fuel pressure sensor. Had a similar experience with the later 1.6hdi engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Previous Berlingo: 2015 1.6 L1850 90ps In Artic Steel inc Look Pack and Lighting Pack.

Current Berlingo: K9 2018 Driver M 100ps in Platinum Grey with Safety Pack
(20-04-2019, 05:14 AM)Tree Wrote:  
(19-04-2019, 06:01 PM)peterbol Wrote:  

I’m going to say fuel pressure sensor. Had a similar experience with the later 1.6hdi engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for that Tree, I'll look into testing it while waiting for the reader to turn up!