Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Replacement TPS Sensor
Hi all wondering if anyone knows of an alternative tps sensor to replace the one pictured which I don't believe lucus make now. I have searched high and low but am not sure what would work.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

You could perhaps try using the part number from catcar.info in an online search to see if there's an alternate part.
(22-04-2019, 08:12 AM)cancunia Wrote:  You could perhaps try using the part number from catcar.info in an online search to see if there's an alternate part.

Good call, unfortunately doesn't appear to be listed on there.
Try a local scrap yard should be plenty around for surely it isn't a part that fails as far as I'm aware.

Has yours failed ?
2007 M59 1.6 HDi 

Serieal Berlingo owner  Heart Heart Heart
(22-04-2019, 08:27 AM)geoff Wrote:  Try a local scrap yard should be plenty around for surely it isn't a part that fails as far as I'm aware.

Has yours failed ?
Not 100% sure I have bad throttle hesitation, could be something else. It surprises me as it's a part that does go on most veichels but doesn't have a plug fitting on this 1.9d non turbo. They are readily available for other Berlingo engines but not this one. Maybe you are right and they just don't tend to fail.
(22-04-2019, 08:27 AM)Jamespworth Wrote:  
(22-04-2019, 08:12 AM)cancunia Wrote:  You could perhaps try using the part number from catcar.info in an online search to see if there's an alternate part.

Good call, unfortunately doesn't appear to be listed on there.

That's a surprise. Slightly more faff as you'll need to create an account but you could also try http://service.citroen.com

Scrap yards or ebay as suggested above would also be a good bet.
Isn't it just an on/off switch ?  ( memory ?? )
2007 M59 1.6 HDi 

(22-04-2019, 07:26 PM)geoff Wrote:  Isn't it just an on/off switch ?  ( memory ?? )

Geoff this one or in general? I'm sure you probably know more about it than I do.
I was thinking of this particular switch and application in particular because the 1.9D doesn't have a fuel injection pump in the modern sense being more of the Lucas DPA type.

Typically a TPS in other applications is of a rotary potentiometer type.

I could however be wrong and other than someone else knowing just remove the TPS / switch item in question and have a look at it underneath this should clarify things - mark exactly the position before moving of course !

To be honest I'd just get a " new " one from a scrappy and see how I got on as it is quick and cheap.
2007 M59 1.6 HDi 

(23-04-2019, 07:16 AM)geoff Wrote:  I was thinking of this particular switch and application in particular because the 1.9D doesn't have a fuel injection pump in the modern sense being more of the Lucas DPA type.

Typically a TPS in other applications is of a rotary potentiometer type.

I could however be wrong and other than someone else knowing just remove the TPS / switch item in question and have a look at it underneath this should clarify things - mark exactly the position before moving of course !

To be honest I'd just get a " new " one from a scrappy and see how I got on as it is quick and cheap.

Thanks I think you are probably correct which would of course explain why this isn't a readily available part. Thank you very much I will check it.