Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Warning Light] Service warning lights
Hi everyone, I'm new to this Forum and just checking on a couple of service related bits.

I've got a 64 plate van 75hp. I've always done my own servicing for many years. 
This year I have only done about 8,500 miles, the service spanner light came up recently and quickly dropped down to 0 miles range. Is the service light also time related as it's exactly a year ago since the last service and now I have a warning Triangle. Also how far past the date do people think is safe after warning triangle, or is it just Citroen scaremongering?  Undecided

Thanks in advance
Yes it is linked to your mileage and date since it was last reset
--------------------------------------------------------------

2012 Iron Grey XTR 110 with lots of bits and bobs.
Why extend/skimp on servicing? In my experience,servicing is cheaper than breakdown/repairs.
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to ron for this post:
  • Tomcat3
(14-05-2019, 06:26 PM)Ozzyb Wrote:  Hi everyone, I'm new to this Forum and just checking on a couple of service related bits.

I've got a 64 plate van 75hp. I've always done my own servicing for many years. 
This year I have only done about 8,500 miles, the service spanner light came up recently and quickly dropped down to 0 miles range. Is the service light also time related as it's exactly a year ago since the last service and now I have a warning Triangle. Also how far past the date do people think is safe after warning triangle, or is it just Citroen scaremongering?  Undecided

Thanks in advance

As noted above, the service indicator is linked to time or distance, it's the same on my M59. At 8500 miles, you're well within the official limits, but a lot of owners tend to change oil twice a year so 6000 miles is a good rule of thumb.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to cancunia for this post:
  • ron
Thanks for the clarifications. I have already got everything and had planned to service the van this coming weekend.

It was just the additional warning light was a little unexpected and perhaps over the top. Another 4 days past the exact 1 year anniversary, or 200 more miles is not the end of the world.

Cheers
You could reset the service indicator and see if the triangle goes away, then reset again when you actually do the service if you've done more than a few miles.

Maybe another B9 owner could confirm the triangle?
I never got the triangle lit at the same time as the service indicator... and I drove some 1000 km after the service spanner got lit. Normally with the triangle, you also get a message in the center console and a beep normally when you turn the key...do as cancunia suggests: reset the service indicator and see if the triangle remains...I think you have 2 different things going on there...
The triangle comes on after the service mileage has expired. Reset the service indicator and it will go off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Previous Berlingo: 2015 1.6 L1850 90ps In Artic Steel inc Look Pack and Lighting Pack.

Previous Berlingo: K9 2018 Driver M 100ps in Platinum Grey with Safety Pack

Current Berlingo: 2021 K9 Driver M Pro 130ps EAT8 in Platinum Grey with Safety Pack
Oil & air filters servicing done and lights out.

Thanks