Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drinks and hanging storage ideas please
Ideas would be appreciated for creating storage for a safe place/multi holder for mugs and water bottles. In my XTR Multispace area is limited and I do brew up and cook inside and would like to safely place drinks in something when I am cooking and doing other things i.e not put drinks on the floor. I do have small slide out table but cups are still vunerable to being knocked over on that, mmm I guess I could cut holes in that.
When not in motion I do use cardboard stacking boxes for clothes and other stuff as they err.. stack. The wife doesn't come with me on my hiking trips so I have a single bed set up. I do have a seat back organiser for small things and have thought of hanging shoe racks; but I guess they will stop vision when driving.
(18-05-2019, 01:51 PM)lakeside Wrote:  
Ideas would be appreciated for creating storage for a safe place/multi holder for mugs and water bottles. In my XTR Multispace area is limited and I do brew up and cook inside and would like to safely place drinks in something when I am cooking and doing other things i.e not put drinks on the floor. I do have small slide out table but cups are still vunerable to being knocked over on that, mmm I guess I could cut holes in that.
When not in motion I do use cardboard stacking boxes for clothes and other stuff as they err.. stack. The wife doesn't come with me on my hiking trips so I have a single bed set up. I do have a seat back organiser for small things and have thought of hanging shoe racks; but I guess they will stop vision when driving.

Without seeing the internal layout of your vehicle it's difficult to offer conclusive suggestions however, perhaps you could screw one of these cup holders to your internal furniture. I even have one of these fitted to the front of the lower left binical on the dash to facilitate the same purpose whilst driving.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Drinking-Bott...Sw4eRcmuI8
It is single bed unit down one side and a 600mm x 600mm table unit with sliding drawer positioned at the rear door. I am going to try a wire milk bottle holder.
I've used hanging glass/bottle holders like this https://bit.ly/2QeqpKd on the guard rails of sailing boats, obviously wont work on anything with a handle.
Matt
2016 Multispace XTR BlueHDi 100 S/S Gris Artense Met