Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recomend an inverter please
To be safer boiling a kettle than using the gas stove is there a decent inverter to be recommended.
I do have 12v kettle working from a cigarette lighter but boiling enough in the morning for some sachet porridge and mug of coffee is slow. I hike from my XTR Berlingo and like an speedy start and also a quick cuppa before bed. Is there electric hot plate to cook on- a single would do.
My gas detector went off the other day, 99% sure it was the detector needing replacement- which I have done- and like the thought of reducing Butane gas usage.
Researched a bit about hot plates probably forget that; I need to man up and cook with gas outside.
(25-05-2019, 09:45 AM)lakeside Wrote:  Researched a bit about hot plates probably forget that; I need to man up and cook with gas outside.

I use my gas stove with the back door open, then disconnect the cylinder to be sure it's all shut down.
I was looking in the week to see if I could get a 12v kettle or heating element but decided that they would be too slow.
I think the problem you'll have with inverters via a lighter socket is that the maximum wattage will be in the region of approx 120-150W, as that's what you can normally put through a 12v socket. You may fare better with a leisure battery & inverter but I think you'll never get to 1KW or more that a normal 240V kettle uses.
Am happy to be corrected on my elektrix..
I use my gas stove with the back door open, then disconnect the cylinder to be sure it's all shut down.
I was looking in the week to see if I could get a 12v kettle or heating element but decided that they would be too slow.
I think the problem you'll have with inverters via a lighter socket is that the maximum wattage will be in the region of approx 120-150W, as that's what you can normally put through a 12v socket. You may fare better with a leisure battery & inverter but I think you'll never get to 1KW or more that a normal 240V kettle uses.
Am happy to be corrected on my elektrix.
[/i]
Thanx for the information.
I do have a leisure battery with cigarette lighter port and use it with a cigarette lighter extension lead to my kettle and for mobile phone charging.
Recommendations please for front window wind reflectors for my 2013 Reg Multispace xtr.
Feel sure this has been discussed before but searches for previous posts never seem to work for me. I do get logged in is there more to it than that.
Ive used Heko wind deflectors over the years and they are good quality and fit well. Just one tip they do create a bit more of a blind spot so make sure you get in the habit of looking around them.
Are we there yet????? Huh
Ex 1.6hdi van now 3 seater 1.4 multispace
(27-05-2019, 07:30 PM)Tomcat3 Wrote:  Ive used Heko wind deflectors over the years and they are good quality and fit well. Just one tip they do create a bit more of a blind spot so make sure you get in the habit of looking around them.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CITROEN-BERLI...Swv0tVTPjl
Your Reach is further than your Grasp