Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which washer pump? And what are MF and MFRHY?
Hi everyone,

Can anyone tell me or help me figure out which windscreen washer pump I need for my 2004 2.0l diesel Forte please?

It has a rear window washer. It's not a 4x4.

I'm basically trying to get a decent pump but as cheaply as possible, as since I last visited the forum I've become a single mum! and my income's dried up. Sniff. So no garage for me...

I've been looking online and the information seems contradictary and confusing. There are so many makes and so many OE numbers and item numbers. I was trying to buy on Ebay while they've 15% off. I was looking at a Febi one (part no 24633) but one website, EUSpares, says it fits my car (I entered the reg and it came up as; CITROËN Berlingo I (MF) 2.0 HDI 90 (MFRHY) (66 KW / 90 HP) Diesel) while the parts checker on Ebay says that pump doesn't fit. I keep seeing MF and MFRHY but I can't find out anywhere what they mean.

Earlier on I had time to take the front wheel off and get to it. But I couldn't see the details on it, in situ, for a number or anything, and had to put everything back together in time for my little one coming home - I can't leave my car off the road. I'm sure getting a washer pump shouldn't be so ridiculously hard!

Any help much appreciated.
Thanks,
Mary
Its a code for your model and engine.
Look at your VIN either in your logbook or on a plate behind your windscreen .
Your engine will be a RHY = 2lt Diesel engine.
2020 Rifter 1.5 allure
2010 B9 red XTR w a v. 
2001 1.9d DW8B white  Berlingo  
2005 2.l green Berlingo
2001 1.9d DW8B white  Berlingo 
berlingo 1.4 red multispace
1993 xud 1.9 red partner
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to brodfather11 for this post:
  • Mary Faerie
The best place to be just about certain of the right part number is the official Citroen website, there are others like catcar.info but you often get options.
The citroen website is below, you need to register (for free) & input your VIN. No need to buy from Citroen, just make a note of the part number. It's a bit of a faff to use but quite reliable as it's what dealers use to identify parts.
http://service.citroen.com
The washer pump is under the 'Electric Unit' tab on the left & then at the bottom of the screen under 'Washing & Wiping'.

I used my old 2004 2.0 HDi VIN and got the following part number - 643475
That part number turns up this on ebay, there may be others too.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CITROEN-PEUGE...1779076409

I suggest that you try this using your own VIN, although from the description & £5 I might be tempted to just buy it.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to cancunia for this post:
  • Mary Faerie
(30-05-2019, 07:13 AM)cancunia Wrote:  The best place to be just about certain of the right part number is the official Citroen website, there are others like catcar.info but you often get options.
The citroen website is below, you need to register (for free) & input your VIN. No need to buy from Citroen, just make a note of the part number. It's a bit of a faff to use but quite reliable as it's what dealers use to identify parts.
http://service.citroen.com
The washer pump is under the 'Electric Unit' tab on the left & then at the bottom of the screen under 'Washing & Wiping'.

I used my old 2004 2.0 HDi VIN and got the following part number - 643475
That part number turns up this on ebay, there may be others too.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CITROEN-PEUGE...1779076409

I suggest that you try this using your own VIN, although from the description & £5 I might be tempted to just buy it.

Spectacular! Big thanks cancunia! This (very clear, thanks!) knowledge isn't only going to save me money on this fix but also be a great resource for all my future tinkerings (like the mirror glass I also need to order)! I've pretended to be a mechanic to make an account Big Grin and my VIN shows the same part. May I say, brilliant Ebay find! Cost at a garage... £30 - £40? Cost to do with a little help from your friends... £4.99! Whoop!

Big thanks again!

M x
(30-05-2019, 05:38 AM)brodfather11 Wrote:  Its a code for your model and engine.
Look at your VIN either in your logbook or on a plate behind  your windscreen .
Your engine will be a RHY = 2lt Diesel engine.

Thanks brodfather11!

Found my VIN easy, in the logbook Big Grin 

M x
Lots of Citroen and Peugeot motors use the same twin outlet pump and at £5 a throw they are an ebay bargain.
So where does this bit go then ?