Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Brakes] Brake judder at speed.
I have a 2007 Berlingo MS Desire 1.6 diesel, when braking from 60 or 70 there is juddering from the brakes, but as the speed drops to less than 40 the juddering stops, any ideas what is causing the juddering I havent looked but I was told new front discs and pads were fitted a few months ago and it was tested begining of may.
(02-06-2019, 06:17 PM)Oldfella Wrote:  I have a 2007 Berlingo MS Desire 1.6 diesel, when braking from 60 or 70 there is juddering from the brakes, but as the speed drops to less than 40 the juddering stops, any ideas what is causing the juddering I havent looked but I was told new front discs and pads were fitted a few months ago and it was tested begining of may.

Check steering/suspension joints & bushes.
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy
Has it just started doing it ? If the hub faces were not cleaned there could be rust behind a disc.
So where does this bit go then ?
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to ffrenchie for this post:
  • ron
By the way the MOT test won't pick up on the juddering as the brake test rollers only run at a slow speed, they more specifically check for actual braking force.

Always worth checking your wheel nuts are tight.
On one occasion after having new tyres fitted I had a strange pulsing in the brake pedal and a minor steering wheel vibration. I checked the nuts and got an extra 1/8th of a turn on them and problem solved.
(04-06-2019, 08:08 AM)geoff Wrote:  By the way the MOT test won't pick up on the juddering as the brake test rollers only run at a slow speed, they more specifically check for actual braking force.

Always worth checking your wheel nuts are tight.
On one occasion after having new tyres fitted I had a strange pulsing in the brake pedal and a minor steering wheel vibration. I checked the nuts and got an extra 1/8th of a turn on them and problem solved.

A brake test will pick up a warped disc though geoff but that does not mean a fail. Only efficacy being down or a brake imbalance is a fail. But is a disc is warped it should be felt through the pedal.
thanks for the replies,but its going to be the weekend before I can get a look at it.
Sorry for the late reply, but new discs and pads have fixed the problem.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Oldfella for this post:
  • geoff