Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Engine fault STOP Diagnostic
Good morning all,

I have recently purchased a 2013 1.6hdi and both my big dogs and myself are loving it, however I now have a problem. A few weeks back i was driving on the motorway and the stop light on the dash came up as well as engine fault on the central display along with a huge loss of power. I pulled into the hard shoulder restarted the car and the warning lights went away and everything was good. Then yesterday it done this again on two separate journeys. I have a generic OBD reader and when plugged this in showed no stored or pending codes.

Thinking of what i had done on both of these days and it was refuel the car, after a bit of search I was coming up with eolys fluid. I then checked the tank which was completely dry. I have ordered fluid to top this up myself but believe i will need to reset the ecu to tell it that it has been topped up. As i do all of my own repairs I would like to reset this myself, what is the cheapest way available to read codes and reset the DPF fluid? Would i be correct in thinking that the standard OBD reader wont pick up the codes anyway as it needs to citroen/peugeot specific?

Cheers
Welcome to the forum.
There are some recent posts in the B9 section of the forum on the subject of the DPF filter being blocked that contain some discussions about the eolys container.
You will need the Diagbox software & interface to work on this.
(27-06-2019, 06:01 AM)Booga Wrote:  Good morning all,

Thinking of what i had done on both of these days and it was refuel the car, after a bit of search I was coming up with eolys fluid. I then checked the tank which was completely dry. I have ordered fluid to top this up myself but believe i will need to reset the ecu to tell it that it has been topped up. As i do all of my own repairs I would like to reset this myself, what is the cheapest way available to read codes and reset the DPF fluid? Would i be correct in thinking that the standard OBD reader wont pick up the codes anyway as it needs to citroen/peugeot specific?

Cheers

Hello!

At the moment I am not really sure of what is in the market that you can buy and is guaranteed to work properly, in terms of EOBD readers.

I have a Diagbox-interfaced unit (or Lexia, an Actia clone equipment) and have recently figured out what software version to use with it so that I can reach all my vehicles (I just purchased a 2015 308 sw and was having difficulties getting to program/reach the car´s BSI with newer software versions...so for your 2013 car I really cannot advise.
I know that mine worked flawlessly on my 2011 partner tepee, because I did with it the same you want to do (reset the eolys tank level, and some more), but for newer vehicles I cannot say, except for my 308 sw. So if you really want to give it a go, search for the above terms on ebay, and be prepared to spend at least above 100 pounds (the cheaper versions are less likely to work properly). You can also make a good search over other forums (french car forum is an example), that can help you clarify your doubts in this matter.

Cheers

edit: you also should have (or look for) a laptop with either windows xp sp3 32 bit version, or with a more recent windows (7, 8 or 10), running a virtual emulation of windows xp 32 bit, so that the diagbox software runs smoothly.
Cheers guys, this is just the information I need. I think it will be an ebay shop tonight and see what I can get.
https://youtu.be/Kd3kG3YkML0
https://etacsdecoder.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=52
b9lad