Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuel filler problem
I have 5 litres of diesel in a fuel can but how do I get it into the van? My old Ford came with an adapter that opened the flap in the filler neck so you could pour diesel or additives in. I don't have any adaptor with the Berlingo. Can you buy an adaptor or is there another way?

Cheers, Phil
(04-10-2019, 07:56 PM)tanz Wrote:  I have 5 litres of diesel in a fuel can but how do I get it into the van? My old Ford came with an adapter that opened the flap in the filler neck so you could pour diesel or additives in. I don't have any adaptor with the Berlingo. Can you buy an adaptor or is there another way?

Cheers, Phil

If your can is the plastic type with spout,just push the spout through the flap.
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy
(04-10-2019, 09:23 PM)ron Wrote:  
(04-10-2019, 07:56 PM)tanz Wrote:  I have 5 litres of diesel in a fuel can but how do I get it into the van? My old Ford came with an adapter that opened the flap in the filler neck so you could pour diesel or additives in. I don't have any adaptor with the Berlingo. Can you buy an adaptor or is there another way?

Cheers, Phil

If your can is the plastic type with spout,just push the spout through the flap.

OK Thanks for the reply - I will give that a go. Didn't want to force/break anything
You can't force a pipe into the neck. You need one of these
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EMERGENCY-DIE...Sw09pd~SaQ

Worked perfectly. This enables the flap to open (designed to stop people steeling your fuel). Just push it in as you would a fuel nozzle. It has to be the correct diameter to push the catches that allow the flap to open so make sure it is a diesel type if you have a diesel Berlingo.
(27-09-2020, 01:10 PM)tanz    Hi can anyone tell me how to bypass the fuel filter on a berlingo 1.6 hdi ,it has 3 pipes on the housing  Thanks in advance. part no 0809757980 Wrote:  You can't force a pipe into the neck. You need one of these
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EMERGENCY-DIE...Sw09pd~SaQ

Worked perfectly. This enables the flap to open (designed to stop people steeling your fuel). Just push it in as you would a fuel nozzle. It has to be the correct diameter to push the catches that allow the flap to open so make sure it is a diesel type if you have a diesel Berlingo.