Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Six weeks in...New Berlingo van.
Ive never owned a Berlingo before, the last Citroen I had was a Dyane 6, so no previous experience, the van has covered about 1500 miles and Im getting used to it..
Have to say it is a joy to drive, nice growly engine, slight wallow into bends, great headlights, electronic handbrake is good, lovely smooth gearchange, all in all very happy seeing as I didnt take a test drive or even sit in one before my purchase...

Things to take note of, the auto lighting is very sensitive, like go under a motorway bridge and they come on, under a tree line and yep, they come on, the stop start is also acheing to kill the engine at every opportunity, the driver seat is just too short under the leg if you know what I mean, would have been nice to have rain sensing wipers but just about everything else is good.
Berlingo van, Enterprise, three cylinder petrol engine, manual gearbox.
Nick
Good to know Nick its a shame you can’t turn the stop start off permanently rather than pushing an off button every time you start it. Does my head in stop starting all the time. How is your coolant levels?
my stop start only comes on if i press the brake and clutch and take the van out of gear - hardly ever use it unless i am in traffic.
Previous Berlingo: 2015 1.6 L1850 90ps In Artic Steel inc Look Pack and Lighting Pack.

Previous Berlingo: K9 2018 Driver M 100ps in Platinum Grey with Safety Pack

Current Berlingo: 2021 K9 Driver M Pro 130ps EAT8 in Platinum Grey with Safety Pack
Any warning lights going on and off.
just to reply to the above questions, coolant level below maximum but not on minimum, all good so far.... no warning lights, just took it to cornwall and back,
about 700 miles, getting 43 miles per gallon, very comfortable drive, very contented.
nick
(18-10-2019, 08:37 AM)Broken arrow Wrote:  . . . Things to take note of, the auto lighting is very sensitive, like go under a motorway bridge and they come on, under a tree line and yep, they come on. . . 

I would turn the auto lighting off if I were you, I've seen it cause a few near misses when another vehicle sees the lights switching off and thinks you were flashing them out!

My vehicle .... 2006 (m59) Berlingo Multispace Desire - 1.6 HDI 92 
I have 2019 model, Im not doing many miles at this moment, but the stop/start has never stopped, had a green A flash on the dash? Foot on brake and out of gear?

Driver 130 manual XL