Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to replace Aerial base mount.
Hi, I need to replace my aerial base mount on my 65 plate Berlingo. Could anyone help by telling me how to do it please or if there is a video out there in how to do it? Thank you
Pop out the light fitting inside the van in the centre to your upper left assuming you are in the drivers seat - this if i remember is also where your microphone is.

Behind that is is the nut - i'm going to say 22mm but its been a couple of years since i replaced mine. Dont try with an adjustable spanner, there isnt the room. You will also have a fair bit of foam in there for sound proof.

Undo that then depending if you have sat nav or not there will be 2 connections, one for FM one for DAB, one is grey, the other is orange. Bit fiddly to pop apart but thats just the clips. You will have three cables if you have satnav.

The new base will almost certainly have 3 cables as standard as this was the upgrade and they all have GPS built in as standard.

Reconnect and lock it all back down and do it all in reverse.

The plastic cowling is only clipped in, so some gentle work with a flat bladed screw driver will pop it out.
Previous Berlingo: 2015 1.6 L1850 90ps In Artic Steel inc Look Pack and Lighting Pack.

Previous Berlingo: K9 2018 Driver M 100ps in Platinum Grey with Safety Pack

Current Berlingo: 2021 K9 Driver M Pro 130ps EAT8 in Platinum Grey with Safety Pack
(11-11-2019, 09:52 AM)Tree Wrote:  Pop out the light fitting inside the van in the centre to your upper left assuming you are in the drivers seat - this if i remember is also where your microphone is.

Behind that is is the nut - i'm going to say 22mm but its been a couple of years since i replaced mine. Dont try with an adjustable spanner, there isnt the room. You will also have a fair bit of foam in there for sound proof.

Undo that then depending if you have sat nav or not there will be 2 connections, one for FM one for DAB, one is grey, the other is orange. Bit fiddly to pop apart but thats just the clips. You will have three cables if you have satnav.

The new base will almost certainly have 3 cables as standard as this was the upgrade and they all have GPS built in as standard.

The plastic cowling is only clipped in, so some gentle work with a flat bladed screw driver will pop it out.

Thanks for your help. Do you have any information on buying the aerial base? I’ve contacted Citroen to find out what one I’d need and where to get one but haven’t heard anything back. Thank you
just bought mine from the local dealership - i think i went in and ordered one, about £28 if i recall
Previous Berlingo: 2015 1.6 L1850 90ps In Artic Steel inc Look Pack and Lighting Pack.

Current Berlingo: 2021 K9 Driver M Pro 130ps EAT8 in Platinum Grey with Safety Pack
(11-11-2019, 05:32 PM)Jake97 Wrote:  
(11-11-2019, 09:52 AM)Tree Wrote:  Pop out the light fitting inside the van in the centre to your upper left assuming you are in the drivers seat - this if i remember is also where your microphone is.

Thanks for your help. Do you have any information on buying the aerial base? I’ve contacted Citroen to find out what one I’d need and where to get one but haven’t heard anything back. Thank you

Re: "Pop out the light fitting inside the van in the centre to your upper left assuming you are in the drivers seat - this if i remember is also where your microphone is."

How do you pop out the light fitting?  Is it just the light lense or the whole surrounding housing?

Have been googling for hours and and am coming up short :-(

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

It’s the whole surround. You’ll need to disconnect your light so it’s not hanging in the way. If I recall there are four tabs holding it in place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Tree for this post:
  • flatbob
(11-01-2020, 04:44 PM)Tree Wrote:  It’s the whole surround. You’ll need to disconnect your light so it’s not hanging in the way. If I recall there are four tabs holding it in place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the ticket - photos attached for anyone to see - thank you.  Just prise carefully around the edge of the housing with a thin small screwdriver or somesuch.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)