Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fitting a motorbike
Hi guys after my vivaro got washed away in a flood I’m looking to downsize whilst on the market for a new van. I’ve been looking at the Berlingo/partner of this generation however it will need to carry a motorbike only a few times a year. Does anyone know if they fit? Does anyone use there’s for the same?
I once got a BSA bantam in the back of my Bipper - front wheel removed.

Might be possible!
Previous Berlingo: 2015 1.6 L1850 90ps In Artic Steel inc Look Pack and Lighting Pack.

Previous Berlingo: K9 2018 Driver M 100ps in Platinum Grey with Safety Pack

Current Berlingo: 2021 K9 Driver M Pro 130ps EAT8 in Platinum Grey with Safety Pack
I used to carry a DT125r on a modified Cooper rack (never inside as it was usually s**t up) - but only did it for one year because the weight was too much over the back end - the bike and the rack were somewhere in the region of 150kg and the nose weight on the towbar is only rated at 50 or 75 IIRC. Switched to a trailer instead as the rear springs used to bottom out to the bump stops over any sort of bump. Felt much better with the trailer combo.

Odd though because Ive had 250kgs of 650cc Hyosung in the back of the Picasso with the seats out and that handled fine - I suppose the weight was better spread over the back and more forward of the rear wheels in that case.

I can confirm that the Picasso will take a CB250 in the rear with the bars dropped so cant see why something similar wont fit in the Berlingo.

One of the chaps in the EACC caries a variety of 125 and 50cc bikes with ease and Ive seen a Suzuki Bandit in the back of a Pug Partner tailgate wouldnt shut fully though.
Citroen C8 - Picasso - Toyota Yaris - Honda Nighthawk - Super Blackbird - Grom
Depends on the bike?

small bike need to remove nsf seat bigger bike no chance
At a guess I'd say no but an expert or dispatch would be ideal
2010 BERLINGO MULTISPACE XTR
(02-01-2020, 08:59 AM)Tomzed Wrote:  Hi guys after my vivaro got washed away in a flood I’m looking to downsize whilst on the market for a new van. I’ve been looking at the Berlingo/partner of this generation however it will need to carry a motorbike only a few times a year. Does anyone know if they fit? Does anyone use there’s for the same?

I used to fit my gsxr1000k8 in my lwb berlingo with the seat folded down was tight but I could get the back door closed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to gixer1k8 for this post:
  • Art b
(02-01-2020, 12:04 PM)Ultrawomble Wrote:  I used to carry a DT125r on a modified Cooper rack (never inside as it was usually s**t up) - but only did it for one year because the weight was too much over the back end - the bike and the rack were somewhere in the region of 150kg and the nose weight on the towbar is only rated at 50 or 75 IIRC. Switched to a trailer instead as the rear springs used to bottom out to the bump stops over any sort of bump. Felt much better with the trailer combo.

The issue with having a heavy weight on the hitch is that you have a fulcrum in the rear axle assembly. 150Kg on the hitch probably loads the suspension with as much as 350 or even 400Kg
A car with spring suspension, or even leaf springs doesn't have the same issue.