Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multispace 2006 desire 2.0hdi limp mode
Hi, i changed the bsi ecu and key chip (from 2003 berlingo van). Car starts fine evrrything works but wont reach 3k revs. Upon checking it the ecu i got is a slighlty differnt code but they are both sid801. What could be my problem. There was no problems before. If i keep new bsi and get the immo off on original ecu will the car start.
Any help greatly appreciated.
(08-01-2020, 09:37 PM)David laverty Wrote:  Hi, i changed the bsi ecu and key chip (from 2003 berlingo van). Car starts fine evrrything works but wont reach 3k revs. Upon checking it the ecu i got is a slighlty differnt code but they are both sid801. What could be my problem. There was no problems before. If i keep new bsi and get the immo off on original ecu will the car start.
Any help greatly appreciated.

There should be no reason for it not to max, possibly there could be an error condition being detected or the pins on the ECU were not in proper contact. Is the check engine light on or are there audible beeps? It is generally not advisable to put in a bsi from a previous version coz of forward compatibility issues, later bsi's should be fine coz backward compatibility is fine. Yes with immo off should work.
It's probably just a coincidence and something else has gone wrong as well. Try disconnecting your MAF sensor as the symptoms for that are the same.
So where does this bit go then ?
Are there any fault codes?
SID 801 means it's a 2.0 HDi?
It is a 2.0hdi. Ive tried maf sensor and never cured it. And its eml on aswell as aufible beep when it comes on
You'll need to get the fault codes. It might be that the BSI or ECU are not configured properly for your car. Lexia / Diagbox would also be handy.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to cancunia for this post:
  • David laverty
(09-01-2020, 10:53 AM)cancunia Wrote:  You'll need to get the fault codes. It might be that the BSI or ECU are not configured properly for your car. Lexia / Diagbox would also be handy.

When i plugged old ecu back in obviously didnt start but it read ecu fine. The fact the codes arent the same on the ecu may be causing this. Problem is before i changed kit the old ecu had egr blanked as kt gave bother so i assumed when i changed kit it wud need the same. So i weny thinkin this limp mode was egr again and remapped exu to delete egr and spent 180 quid. Map and wgr delete. Now still same problem but seems to be ecu just isnt correct. Immo off on original ecu seems to be problem but it means ive more to pay and lost 180 on other ecu. Apparently because the codes arent the same the map cannot be uploaded to my original ecu
(09-01-2020, 12:32 PM)David laverty Wrote:  
(09-01-2020, 10:53 AM)cancunia Wrote:  You'll need to get the fault codes. It might be that the BSI or ECU are not configured properly for your car. Lexia / Diagbox would also be handy.

When i plugged old ecu back in obviously didnt start but it read ecu fine. The fact the codes arent the same on the ecu may be causing this. Problem is before i changed kit the old ecu had egr blanked as kt gave bother so i assumed when i changed kit it wud need the same. So i weny thinkin this limp mode was egr again and remapped exu to delete egr and spent 180 quid. Map and wgr delete. Now still same problem but seems to be ecu just isnt correct. Immo off on original ecu seems to be problem but it means ive more to pay and lost 180 on other ecu. Apparently because the codes arent the same the map cannot be uploaded to my original ecu

Compatibility issues are having the best your you. Best to have removed immo from your ECU, but due to defect on your original Bsi, you would still have to get another one. If the person who sold you could swap with one from a 2006+ version, it could be something to try. Also as Cancunia has stated, you need diagnostic kit for proper configuration.