Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Centre Console
Hi
Hi figure this has been asked a few times already  Confusedk
Have a mulispace with just the hard bonds plastic tray thing between the seats.
I've seen adverts for generic centre consoles which Im guessing the Berlingo, I realise they won't be the same quality as rthe one version . Any views on these.
Thanks
Ian
(22-04-2020, 02:59 PM)killie77 Wrote:  Hi
Hi figure this has been asked a few times already  Confusedk
Have a mulispace with just the hard bonds plastic tray thing between the seats.
I've seen adverts for generic centre consoles which Im guessing the Berlingo, I realise they won't be the same quality as rthe one version . Any views on these.
Thanks
Ian

In my opinion the following is far better than any of the alternative centre consoles I have seen online. Chilled drinks and comes complete with 2 useable cupholders and fits lovely between the 2 front seats - what's not to like  Cool

https://www.halfords.com/motoring/travel...91085.html
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Daveyboy for this post:
  • killie77
Not sure if you have experience of the "standard" centre console?
My view is that it has plusses and minusses:
Plus: Quite roomy & robust, sliding door top, one handed removal/replacement
Minus: small/non-standard cup-holders don't hold any cup I know of either in the front or rear (its actually designed to hold a detachable  ash-tray). The ridge around the sliding door top is insufficient to stop things sliding (you cant lay a phone on it for example), Its just a hard plastic un-padded box, items jump around noisily inside it. It gets in the way of folding front seats, (armrests or console have to be removed).

I would have thought there must be aftermarket consoles available that overcome some/all of the minusses above
Matt
2019 Multispace BlueHDi 100 Flair Nimbus Grey Met
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Matt Haigh for this post:
  • killie77
Thanks for the link to the Halfords cool box.
I might pick one of those up today.
    Picked up the cooler Box from Halfords today.
its siting on the original tray which is making the coolbox a little bit unstable. I wonder what the best way to fix it to the tray would be ?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Position towards the rear of the original plastic consol (as per your 1st photo) with some anti slip matting underneath it to stop it sliding foward should you have to brake hard. If you feel that you need more stability than that then you could glue the antislip matting to the top face of a bit of ply with a couple of thin wooden strips glued to the underside of the ply to hold it firmly positioned within the rear tray of the original plastic consol.
I was advided that on no account should you drill into the original plastic consol as I have been advised that there are a number of wire located underneath this which could very well be damaged by such action.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Daveyboy for this post:
  • killie77
Thumbs Up 
Sounds like a Plan Smile
Had a look at the plastic tray where I’m putting the Cooler Box,
on the bottom of the cooler are 4 plastic feet guess their moulded to the plastic body. 2 of the feet sit inside the plastic tray the other 2 outside which I think is making the cooler more unstable. I’m thinking of cutting the feet on the left and moving them further in so they sit inside the tray. I realise this will invalidate the warranty ?
Ian
Ive got one go these and I fitted it by attaching a c. 10cm by 5 cm piece of 6mm plywood across the back that hangs down behind the back of the console base and stops the unit sliding forward. I attached this using short self tapper screws, two into the unit c. 10mm up, and two into the console base. Oops, I didn't know about the wiring! (Thankfully everything still works). If I'd known I would have done the base part using stick-on Velcro instead.

The unit is ideal though, with the two drinks holders at the front, and the cooler readily to hand when on the move...The 12v lead fits into the cigarette socket. Happiness is a cool drink to hand...
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to cliffy for this post:
  • killie77
Whatever you do, don't screw through the tray, the airbag module lives under the front bit.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)