Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2005 Multispace
Hello to all out there, I am as you can gather new to this forum having recently purchased a 2005 Multispace 1600 petrol (it's wonderful) but there a couple of things that I don't get.
1) I can't find the Pollen Filter, it doesn't have AC and when I look under the Glove box all I can see is the fan.
2) The Fan in the roof (above the rear passenger seat) doesn't work is there a fuse some where that I need to check. I have tried to test to see if there is any voltage at the fan but volt meter say No.
So if those of you who know all about Multispace Berlingo's could help me I would appreciate it.
Thanks Robert  ? Smile
Welcome to the forum!
Cars without AC don't normally have a pollen filter, so I'm guessing that the petrol version is the same. From you description of the fan above the rear passenger seat, you have a 'Modutop' with storage lockers. Inside the 2 lockers above the rear passenger seat there should be a 12v accessory socket, 1 each side. IIRC, they are on the same fuse as the heater fan (I might be wrong about that). Fuses are listed in the handbook which can be downloaded from the forum in the M59 section 'Useful Documents' or from service.citroen.com If you try to download from here and get a 'forbidden' message change the .co.uk in the link to .com
Thanks cancunia for the info, I had understood that the none AC versions normally had a Polen filter but when I look there is a space between the back of the glove box and I can put my hand up the side of the fan housing and feel the inlet (well a hole) at the top of the fan ???
I had a look at the handbook fuse layout / identification and could not see anything that says which fuse is for the fan in the Modutop. ?
I will keep searching
Thanks again for getting back Robert ??
I forgot to say I have live at the 12v sockets in the cupboards in the Modutop.
Robert ??
Hi, I thought that perhaps the blower would be on the same fuse as the 12v Accessory sockets, but apparently not. According to a handbook I have on my laptop, P77 shows the Modutop blower as Fuse 9 in the BSI (30A).

https://imgur.com/jWIIWaE.png

[Image: jWIIWaE.png]
You are of course right, I have spent hours of lockdown testing things, the Fuse ok, Power Sockets OK, Fan Switch ok Fan Motor OK,,,, Green Rester inside fan outlet, power in, no power out. If you bridge terminal 3 & 4 fan works perfectly.
Questions 1) What does this rester Do, there is no temperature control on the fan so there can't be a heater, can there?
               2) If you bridge it out what are the likely consequences ?
I wonder how many fans are scraped because of this resister (£15 or so Ebay)
Would welcome any info on this.
Robert??
At least you found the problem! I'm guessing the resistor is to limit the fan speed, there's a similar setup on many front blower fans that use resistor packs. It's been a couple of years since I took mine apart so I can't say for sure if there's a heater element in there or not.
Can you post a link to the resistor you found on eBay?
The link for the Modutop Fan resister :-Fan Resistance for Citroen C3 2002 - 2016£19.99Buy it nowFree postage

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=5216][Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=5215][Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=5217]

These are some photo's I have take when looking behind the glove box, and I can't see where my pollen filter is can any one advise me please
Rober

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Looking at your photos you havnt got a pollen filter there is no housing for it like there is on the air con models.
Are we there yet????? Huh
Ex 1.6hdi van now 3 seater 1.4 multispace
Thanks Tomcat3, it not me being a numpty and not seeing the pollen for the flowers.
The thing is I don't have air con, can I fit a pollen filter container retrospectively ? (from a scrapper) is it worth the effort?
Robert ??